Epilogue

Now

November 17th, 2026

ELLA'S POV

"Roxanne Horan!" I shouted.

Little Vivi sat in my lap with tears in her big blue eyes.

Roxy edged into the room, looking just as guilty as she was. Her fingers picked at the edge of her favorite white skirt.

"Why did you put gum in Vivi's hair?" I demanded.

I wasn't that angry at Roxy, but Vivienne seemed so upset that her beautifully pin-straight brown hair was now mushed together angrily within one wad of pink gum.

"She was playing with my makeup!" She burst out angrily.

"Honey, she's 9 years old. She probably just wanted to be like you. Right, Vivi?"

I looked down at my youngest girl. She nodded, "I wanna be pretty like Roxy." One single tear fell from her eye as she tried to get the sticky mess out of her hair.

"You're beautiful. And no, sweetie. Don't do that. We'll get it out once I'm done with her." I said quietly to Vivenne, then turned to address Roxanne. "Honestly, Roxy. You're 14. You're supposed to be more mature than this."

Her mouth was set in one hard, straight line.

"She messed up all my mascara and eyeliner. She ruined it all. And spilled all of it on my dresser."

"Even the one Jade bought for you?" I said, and looked at Vivi harshly. That makeup was damn expensive and it was the nicest Roxy had.

"Yeah."

I sighed.

"We'll get you more on Saturday, okay, honey?"

Roxy folded her arms, and nodded.

"But this isn't over. Both of you are equally to blame. Vivi, you have to wash all the dishes for the next month, and Roxy, you clean up after Bruno."

"For a whole month!" They both whined.

"Yes." I said firmly.

"And Vivienne, next time you want to use something of someone else's, ask them first. Roxy, don't be so quick to put gum in your sister's hair."

Roxy looked so ashamed and sad, that I smiled at her to let her know that I wasn't angry. She always tended to take things to heart, and I worried for her sometimes.

Out of all three of our children (Niall and I had a 4 year old named Liam), Roxy looked the most like me. Green eyes, a small amount of freckles, curly brown hair. She looked exactly like I did at her age.

"One second, honey." I set Vivi down on the couch and went to go talk to Roxanne.

"When I'm done with her hair, I want you to go play with her. I know you're a teenager, and you've got boys to text or something, but your sister's really upset. Go dress her up in some of your clothes or something." I said quietly.

She nodded, and I pushed a piece of her hair behind her ears. "And don't worry about your makeup. We'll get you some even better ones, okay?"

She smiled, "Thanks, Mum."

I kissed her forehead and grabbed Vivi's hand and led her to the kitchen.

Shit. That's a lot of gum.

I was able to wash most of it out, but I had to cut off an inch or two of her hair, which made her cry. A lot.

"It's okay. It'll grow back soon." I told her softly and pulled it into one long plait down her back.

"Vivi?" Roxanne said quietly.

Vivienne sniffed, "Yeah?" She still looked extremely upset with her sister, and I could tell Roxy felt really bad at that point.

"I'm sorry. Will you come play dress up with me?"

She didn't answer for a long time. "Okay."

Roxy walked over to her, kissed her cheek, and grabbed her hand. I smiled. God, I loved these girls.

When Niall came home with Liam over his shoulder, the both of them were laughing.

"Mummy!" Liam cried, and ran to me once Niall set him down. I picked him up and began tickling him.

He burst into giggles. By the time I stopped, he was breathless. "Daddy and I had so much fun today!" He said happily inbetween breaths.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah!"

"Tell Mummy all about it."

Niall came over to me, kissed my cheek, and we sat down on the living room couch as Liam rambled on and on about his day. Eventually, he became so exhausted, he fell asleep in my lap.

"So, how is everything?" He asked quietly, to not wake Liam up.

I don't know what it was about his question made my memories spin, but it just did. I remembered the day we met, and that cold day where we just danced in my room, and when he left. When he visited Mullingar for Christmas. New Years Eve of 2012, going to 2013. All of it.

I kissed him softly.

"Absolutely perfect."