Stranger -Merome-

Touchy subjects in this. Some about abuse
You have been warned

M i t c h

I just needed to get away, so that's what I did.

-Flash Back-

Pain, that's all that I felt. If his words didn't work, his punches and hits sure as hell did. 
Why he hates me.... well to be honest with you, I don't fully understand either.

My mother died when I was a young child, it was so sudden no one knew what to expect. Father was the worst of them all, he locked himself away for many months. I worked for myself, I hunted and I fed the two of us, I don't know what I did to deserve his hatred, I did everything for him.

Keep in mind I was only young, maybe about 9 or 10. Now I'm almost 18 and Father and I are moving to New Jersey, from Montreal. Although I may be excited for a new start, I'm still in pain everyday due to what I "deserve".

----------

We've been in Jersey for about a month now, and to be honest it's not that different, it's dull and boring. I haven't seen real colour since my mother died, and I don't presume I'll see any for a long while. 

---------

I do go to school, almost everyday. If I don't go, it's because my father thinks I deserve to feel pain for a whole day, consistently.

This day in particular it all just got to much, I'm almost a hundred percent sure my nose is broken.

So I ran, I left, with nothing. I didn't know where I was going, or if I was ever coming back. Of course my father tried to stop me, but what could he do. I've been alone my whole life, no police officer can take that away from me. 

After several hours of walking around the town, I ran into a man. He was just a bit taller than me, with beautiful chocolate brown eyes. A snapback was placed backwards on his head and his Hoodie sleeves rolled up slightly. "I'm so sorry" He apologizes.

"N-No it was my fault" I mumble, my eyes focused on my shoes. This man was definitely cute. 

"Hey are you okay?" He asks, lifting my chin up with his finger. Shit he's gonna see my scars.
"Oh my god, are you okay?" The man asks once again, concern filling his eyes. Why should he care about me?

"Yeah I-I'm fine" I push his hand away and look back down.

"No you're not! Please what happened"

"Well I-I" I didn't know where to start, "These scars are from my father, he abuses me. My mother died when I was 9 and my father took the anger out on me, although I was the one who fed us both. He blamed the death of my mother on me! I didn't understand what I did, I was just a young boy who lost his mother. Since she died I haven't seen any colour, everything is dull and grey. I-I ran away because it just got to much, a-and now I'm roaming the streets of Jersey."

Oh my shit, I just said everything. He's gonna hate me, I hate myself, why the fuck did I do that?
"I'm so sorry! I-I just I needed to say that, and I probably shouldn't have. I'm so sorry, I'll j-just go."
I apologize, starting to walk away.

"Wait!" The man yells, running up to me. "If you need a place to stay I'm sure my roommates won't mind you staying with us" 

"B-But you're a stranger

"Look we may not know each other's names, but you just told me you're entire life story, and I want to help you. So how about we say we're aquantines"

"O-Okay?" I ask, questioning his want to be friends with me. Father always told me I wasn't going to make friends.

"Now come on. My house isn't to far away from here. When we do get there though, I have to warn you the 4 other men are kind of insane" I chuckle at his warning.

"Don't worry, as long as they're kind enough to let me stay, I really don't care what they do" I respond sighing. The man and I start to walk to his house when he randomly blurts.

"My name's Jerome by the way" He looks at me, who's still looking down.

"I-I'm Mitch" I say shyly. Jerome smiles at me and continues to walk to his house.

I think Jerome will really take a toll on my life.

---------------

A/N: Hello Humans, I'm sorry for the lack of updates, I just finished recovering from Surgery so that's my excuse for not updating. Now I will try and post more, no promises.

Love all you beautiful humans, ducks, squirrels, whatever you are.
-Emma <3

PS. Part 2 coming sometime soon, I think