Two different worlds -Poofless-

Haven't done a Poofless in a while, in my opinion they're a struggle to write about but I did it!

R o b

It's great being the King of the Above Terrain. I'm known by anyone and loved by all. I was crowned king only a couple years ago but it feels like my whole life I've been the king.

Although everyone loves me, they pester me about not having a queen. I've tried looking honestly, but you see I'm the first king of many to not have an interest in girls. I always knew I didn't like girls, but my father and mother taught me that it wasn't acceptable to like the same sex.

Of course they're both elders and almost dead now, but that still doesn't mean they've changed their minds. I visit them every night hoping that they'll have changed their mind and are ready to accept me. No luck so far.

I've never asked my kingdom how they feel about same sex marriage, I know I'm the king and all but I like to know what my kingdom accepts. The people at the castle that I'm close with know about my sexuality and don't seem to mind so I wonder how the whole kingdom would react.

"Your highness, you have a visitor" One of my closest friends says walking into the throne room of my palace.

"Mitch what have I said about the whole your highness thing, please call me Rob we're friends you can do that" I sigh

"Right okay then, Rob you have a visitor down in the main hall."

"Thank you Mr. Mitchell" I smirk, Mitch sends a glare directed at me due to I using his full name. "What? I'm the king I do what I want" A grin plays on my lips as I grab my cape off the chair and make my way down to the main hall.

I wonder who's here, I don't normally get visitors. Slowly I walk down one of the two flights of stairs to meet the visitor.

Once the male comes into vision I instantly know who he is. He's wearing black skinny jeans, a black hoodie and his chocolate brown hair quiffed up very slightly. All the black he's wearing is just to show his bright red eyes.
"Why hello there" I say making it to the bottom step, stopping so we're not to close.

"Robert, nice to see you again" The same old smirk placed on his lips.

"Agreed" I say bitterly, "So what brings you here?"

"Well Robert-", "Rob" I cut him off. His smirk growing larger.

"Alright fine, Rob. If you must know I flew all the way up here just to ask you a couple questions"

"That's it?" I cock my eyebrow up slightly "No tricks" I smirk, and his face goes serious instantly. He use to be a very good trickster if I do say so myself.

"None this time" He replies sending a glare my way.

"Okay so I assume these questions are important, so lets go to a different room" I respond leading the man to a more private room. He follows me, watching my every step. This man and I... we have a complicated relationship. I know him well, very well. His name is Preston and we use to be best friends, till he tricked me, played with my heart and betrayed me.

We arrive at a smaller more separate room to talk. "So what questions do you want to ask?" I roll my eyes crossing my arms over my chest.

"Do you still like me?" Preston asks looking straight into my hazel eyes.

"What? No, I'm so over you" Lies of course I still love you. Preston and I use to have feelings for each other until the day he left me to become king of the Under Terrain. Now people assume we're sworn enemies, but we're not. We still talk from time to time.

Truth be told, I'm still madly in love with this Lava mob. Can I do anything about it? Nope.
Preston doesn't love me back, and he never will again. We come from two different worlds.

"Rob.." Preston speaks softly and gentle, what's up with him? He's not who I thought he was, he's suppose to be loud and unkind.

"Yeah?" I reply locking my brown eyes with his slight red ones

"I still like you, a lot" Preston sheepishly looks down to focus his eyes on his black converse.

"You, you l-like me?" I ask confused

"Yeah... I never really stopped, Rob I feel horrible for ditching you like that. The Under Terrain is not as cool and good as I thought it would be. I was so wrong, it's literally hell. I'm so sorry" He instantly replies.

"It's okay Preston, I forgive you" I respond gently

"R-Really? See Rob this is why you're so fitted to be a king, you're so amazing and perfect in every way." He says locking his eyes with me once again.

"Oh Preston" I sigh, "You're nothing but perfect, I love you just the way you are, King or not" I move closer to Preston as I talk, so I end up beside him by the end of my sentence.

"You Love me?" His once red eyes fade into a darker brown as he speaks, as if he's taking in all the love.

"You sure do doubt yourself Preston, sure I do, I never stopped loving you" A smile forming on my lips as I inch my face closer to his

"Seriously?"

"Hell yeah. You know Preston, you're not as badass and scary as you seem. The whole dark creepy look really doesn't suit you're adorably cute personality." I smirk as I see a blush rise to his cheeks.

"Yeah... I guess, so what now?" He asks

"Well, I don't know, what now Plebston" I ask using an old nickname I use to call him.

"I do want to be with you, it's just we're from two different worlds. I don't know if this will work"

"Don't worry we'll make it work" And with that I pressed our lips together finally after a long time of waiting, and everything felt right

"I love you Rob" Preston breaths once we pull away

"I love you too" I reply

Just because we're from two different worlds, doesn't mean we can't have our happy ending.

A/N I'm so sorry I haven't posted, I've been having a hard time with my anxiety. I will post more, I promise

Love all you beautiful humans and ducks
~Emma <3