Chapter 33

Oh, joy.

The ever so hated SAT.

I've honestly never wanted to claw my body in half more than I do right now.

At least it's almost over.

'I don't even remember doing that shit,' a demon in my head whispered, reading my thoughts like the snoopy little shit it was.

'Neither do I,' another one said, which caused a huge discussion to burst into my head, disrupting my focus.

'Guys, shut the fuck up!' I screamed in my head with my eyes shut tight and my lips pressed violently together.

'You shut up, we are having a discussion her-'

'If you don't shut up I'm not feeding you,' I threatened, making them get quiet so quick that my thoughts could basically echo through my brain.

I sighed in relief and tried to think about only the SAT for the time being, doing my best to keep all distractions to a minimum.

"Ten minutes left," the woman said at the front of the room a while later, just as I finished working. Thumps of erasers on pencils repeatedly hitting desks echoed around the spacious, almost vacant room. Since the only people taking the SAT today were the people graduating early, only five people (not including the angles/fallen angles and me) were in this huge-ass room made to fit at least one hundred people.

I looked over to some random people, staring at their stressed out face as they bubbled in the answers. There was one kid, though, that finished about five minutes before I did, staring straight ahead with a contempt smile and arms smugly folded across his chest.

Obviously he must've really studied for this test.

God bless him.

"Six minutes. Finish up everyone," the woman stated firmly, walking around our spread-out desks and checking up on us.

I waited in silence with lips pursed, impatient with the fact that the demons weren't talking. It made me feel a little down that they weren't around. I mean, they are evil, but for some reason we've kind of grown on each other and we aren't treating each other as bad as we used to.

And normally, when they aren't talking to me anymore is when something bad happens.

'I'm done guys... Why aren't you talking?' I said, feeling a little empty and - for some unknown reason - concerned. 'Hello?' I drawled out as calm as I could, opening my mind link to them a little more so they would be forced to talk.

Silence.

I waited with even more caution than before, tapping my fingers apprehensively against the white, plastic table.

The sounds of my fingertips hitting the plastic started to drown out all other noise around me and my focus was solely on the way the pads of my finger tapped the desk.

Tap, tap, tap, tap... Tap, tap, tap, tap... Tap, tap, tap, tap... Tap, tap, ta-

"Michelle," I heard someone say to me - sounding for some reason like a yell to me- , making me swallow a scream and jump, sending me almost out my seat. When I looked up I saw the woman looking at me with a curious expression. "Are you okay? You look... Shaken up," she said quietly, words sounding more thought-out than genuine. I looked over at her and gave her a once over.

"I'm fine," I said quietly, my head starting to thump furiously.

"Are you done with your test?" she asked, the thumping getting louder.

"Y-Yeah, I'm done," I said as I slowly started to run my hand through my hair and around my head, trying to nonchalantly massage my head.

"Well, if you want to go to the nurse you can since you're done," she said slowly, her voice echoing inside of my head.

And that's when I realized.

The thumps weren't in my head.

The thumps were coming from her chest.

Oh, shit. I'm hungry.

"Y-Yeah.. The nurse w-ould be great," I mumbled as I started to see double.

I literally ate yesterday. What's going on?

She continued to talk after that, but I heard nothing that came out of her voice as I started to stand up, tripping over my feet repeatedly as I did so. Without even thinking about the woman next to me I side-stepped her and proceeded to stumbling towards the door. I was about to fall when a familiar pair of arms stopped me from falling last minute.

"Michelle wake up," I heard Ariel whisper in a language that wasn't English. How I understood it, I have no idea. What language it was, I have even less of an idea.

All that I know was that as soon he said it I wanted to vomit.

"All will fall down in the eyes of the Lord," I whispered in a raspy, choked-up voice when we reached the hallway, making Ariel stiffen.

"Michelle, wake up," he said in English, his grip on me tightening as he pulled me down the hallway faster.