Chapter 1

Note: no part of this book is edited. Sorry for grammar errors, spelling errors, and choppiness

another note: this is taking place before all of the demon stuff happened to her. the prologue was kind of like a foreshadow of what happens to her

----------------------------------------------

"No...Eh... No... Okay, that one's pretty hot," I faintly heard a girl whisper to her friends as I slowly stared to fall asleep. I was hesitant, of course. I've been getting nothing but these unbelievably vivid, morbid nightmares for the past couple months. Getting trapped in some white room, being choked to death, killing people...

I didn't want to risk accidentally waking up screaming or mumbling about the dreams in my sleep.   

'But, then again,' I thought to myself. 'I haven't been  getting enough sleep. Maybe I should go to sleep...'

"What do you think, Michelle?" I heard very faintly just as I was about to pass out. "Michelle? Hello?"

"MICHELLE!" Breanna yelled into my ear, making a squeak come out of my throat as I slammed my thighs against the table, a failed attempt of trying to jump away from her.

"WHAT?" I asked angrily, completely shaken up. "Jesus, was it necessary to scream in my ear?"

"YES!" Breanna said, pointing to the corner of the cafeteria. "LOOK!" she hissed into my ear, making me roll my eyes and look over to the corner of the room.

"What am I looking at?" I asked tiredly, just seeing a bunch of people walking around- nothing popping out in my opinion.

"The hot new kids from Europe," Alivia said with a huge grin, making me roll my eyes and look around more closely.

"I'm not seeing any hot new kids from-" I started, but then Brooke grabbed my head and moved it slightly to the right, making my focus adjust and my jaw drop. "Europe," I finished, a lot quieter then I started. Five incredibly hot guys were standing in the corner of the cafeteria where the doors to the court yard were, talking and looking over the student body.

"They look like angels," Audree said in a dreamy voice, making me snort and look away.

"Yeah. Fallen Angels, probably. They look like trouble," I commented, moving my tray to the center of the table and putting my head in my arms. "They're probably here because they got expelled from every school in Europe."

"Michelle!" Stella gasped, slapping my harm harshly, making me hiss in pain. "Be. Nice."

"Be. Nice," I mimicked in a voice two octaves higher then my own as I looked back up to face her, making the rest of the table laugh.

"Funny," Stella deadpanned, not sounding amused. "Very funn-"

"Hey, guys!" Katie said, sitting down on the table with her tray of food. "That line was so fucking long. I thought I would get out of there at the age of thirty."

"That's why I don't buy," Breanna said with a smirk, making everyone look over to her.

"I thought it was you're a 'vegetarian'," Katie said, using air quotes on the word vegetarian. I snickered when I saw Breanna look at Brooke with narrowed eyes.

"I am a vegetarian," Breanna replied harshly, making Stella scoot away from the two with an uncomfortable look on her face.

"Wait! Don't fight yet!" Brooke said, reaching for something in her pocket. Everyone stared at her in silence as she fiddled around her pockets to find whatever she needed. We were just about to look away, when suddenly she popped out her phone and pressed the camera app. "Okay... now you can fight," Brooke said eagerly, making everyone look at her with a raised eyebrow. "What?" she asked, slowly lowering her phone.