Chapter 13

"Oh my stars, what happened here?" the nurse exclaimed with worry when we opened the door and came in, her pencil dropping out of her hand as the old woman scurried over to us.

The nurse, believe it or not, was actually a pretty close friend of mine from freshman year to junior year. Her and I formed a very close bond, to the point where I thought of her as family.

"We found her on the ground completely passed out, so we brought her here," the woman next to me said with her lips turned down slightly.

"We were thinking you might be able to do something to help her," the guy carrying me added, carefully placing me on the bed and then sitting down next to me.

"Well, I'm fine, so you guys don't have to worry about me," I said as my head started to throb even more, making me hiss in pain and grab my forehead.

"You are obviously not fine, just let us help you," the guy next to me sighed out, making me narrow my eyes at him as I held onto my forehead, before grumbling out an incoherent reply and lying down on the stiff nurse beds.

"Honey, do you know why you passed out?" the woman asked me, making me turn to her with a blank expression. Why won't they leave me alone?

"No, I don't remember," I answered in monotone, before closing my eyes and laying back onto the bed comfortably.

"Do you remember anything that happened?" the nurse asked, my head shaking in response.

"Nope," I drawled, feeling something touching my thigh.

"Okay, well... I'm sorry, but I need to get back into the office and work. I hope you feel better," the woman said to me awkwardly, before I heard the fading of footsteps– the thing still touching my thigh.

"I'll be right back as well," the nurse said, making my eyes snap open as if someone slapped me. She's leaving her office? What about the guy and me? "Give two seconds, I just need to print something out," she finished with a polite smile as she started to speed-walk to the door.

"What about me?" I asked quietly, my voice suddenly failing me.

"Don't worry. I trust Vladimir. You'll be safe with him," the nurse measured, making my jaw drop.

She's kidding me, right? Vladimir? Like a vampire? They're vampires in this world too?

"No, I'm not a vampire," the guy sighed out, making my eyes widen and turn to him, giving me a whiplash. I groaned as I held my forehead in my hands, seeing nothing but blackness for a couple seconds. I felt him holding me steady by my shoulders, which made me grateful and angry at the same time.

I mean, it's nice that he cares, but I can take care of myself.

"How did you know I was thinking that?" I asked, making him chuckle a little before looking at me with a serious look.