Chapter 30

Brad Pitt as a teenager is Vladimir fyi ;)

lol i can already feel the Ariel and Sammael shippers stabbing Vladimir in the stomach with switchblades

Omfg whenever I write the name Iaoel it always autocorrects to the word oil, kmn

ps i was tired af while writing this so things might be very fucking vague but oh well

-----

"Michelle, focus!" Iaoel scolded, making me sigh and look up at him again with tired eyes. "Listen. I'm sorry about all of this, and I know your life is pretty chaotic right now, but this is more important than your school work, so please pay attention to this."

"I'm trying, but I'm just so... tired," I mumbled as I started falling back to sleep. "Just.. Give me two more minutes..."

"You haven't killed anyone yet, have you?" Iaoel asked bluntly, making me groan and slap around my hand at his direction. The image and sadistic pleasure I got out of the killing that one day made me want to kill myself afterwards. So far I've been using blood from the nurse as a substitute for the souls. It seems to be a good enough substitute, but I can tell the effect it's having on me is slowly starting to shrink.

I can not believe that this is going to be my daily routine for the rest of my life.

"No, and I don't want to," mumbled, making the guys around me sigh with conflicting thoughts in their heads.

"Michelle... I know that you don't want to be this," Cassiel said slowly, picking his words very carefully. "But-"

"But nothing, Michelle. I'm sorry, but you need to kill. We need you alive and healthy, able to function," Belial stated firmly like a parent giving a lecture.

"We're trying to find a way out for you, I promise you," Ariel said softly to me with concerned eyes, making my heart skip a beat. "And you don't... always have to kill to get energy," he said, stepping towards me and sitting next to me on the bed. "There's always other things we can look into to keep you healthy."

"But for now, stick to your job and kill people," Rahab said bluntly, making me feel like I was being stabbed with a knife in the chest.

"Rahab, that wasn't necessary," Iaoel said with challenging eyes, making Rahab roll his eyes.

"Oh please, there's no reason to fuc-

"You are in a house of God, and you will not speak with that language!" Iaoel roared at Rahab, his eyes harding into a silver color and his voice getting lower in pitch.

"Stop yelling," I murmured as I covered my throbbing ears, making Ariel slide over to me quickly and hug me. Instantly the pain washed away.

"If you chaos her pain again, I'm not responsible for my actions," he growled at the guys, shocking everyone in the room.

"Calm down, mister protector," Belial said, mischief and caution in his eyes. "Won't want to turn into a Fallen for being a bad boy, now would you?"

"I swear to everything and anything, if you guys don't quit it," I growled, making everyone go silent.

"Okay, we're getting off topic. Back to the lesson," Iaoel said quickly, making everyone calm down again. It's been like this for weeks. They've all been drilling and trying to stuff as much information into me as possible- from the history of God and his angels and the day of the Fall, to present day.

This - plus school work - equals a never ending pattern of stress, sweat, and migraines.

And I'm reaching a thin line.