Chapter 29

sorry it took so long to update!
----

"Fisher," the teacher said just as I creaked the door open, making everyone - except for the teacher, since his head was in the stack of papers on his desk - look over to me.

"Here," the guy in the back corner said, eyeing me with a smirk.

"Get on my level," I mouthed to him with a raised middle finger, making the class chuckle as I went towards the teacher.

"No laughing, I'm here to torture you," the teacher said jokingly, making the class laugh again.

"Okay, okay... Antoinette?" he asked, face still on the papers.

"Here... and with a pass," I murmured when I got to his table and held the little yellow slip towards him. He slowly looked up from the attendance paper and over to me, looking up at me with worry.

"Michelle, you seem a little pale. Do you want to go to the nurse?" Mr. Galentik asked, making me shake my head weakly, the blood's power wearing off.

"No, I'm okay. Thanks for asking," I replied quietly, turning to walk towards my seat.

"Are you sure?" the teacher asked, making me jerk to a stop before slowly nodding my head and walking to my seat.

Not paying attention to where I was going, I almost sat in someone's lap because I thought it was my seat. "Sorry," I mumble weakly before moving away from them and taking another two or three more steps to my seat.

"Someone looks a little tired," a very familiar voice whispered hoarsely from the seat next to me, making my eyes widen in shock and turn to him. Even with a mask on I would know him when I see him.

How the fuck did Samuel get in here?

"How did you-"

"Okay, that's everyone then. Good morning class. Today in English we're going to talk about defining things," I faintly heard over the thumping in my head. "How you define something and how someone else defines things can be different, as you already know. You can learn a lot about someone from just the way they define things. You can learn if they like to be detailed, if they are passionate about what they are talking about, etc. And today, we will start off by defining a simple word.

"Love," the teacher finished sharply after a second of silence, writing it down on his white board. My teeth started to grind together as I forced my claws back down into my hands- cutting through my skin in the process. The poison couldn't do any damage to me, since I already had it in my body, but I still winced from how sharp they were as I bit down on my bottom lip; my lip now bleeding as well.

Great. Fucking perfect.

"Is someone a wittle hungwy?" Samael cooed silently in a baby-like voice from next to me, making my eye twitch as I forced myself no to kill him.

"Calm down," I whispered to myself as I finally managed to transform the claws back into a normal hand from under my table. "Be in control of the urges. You'll look like a freak if they see you with claws and fangs. You don't want that," I mumbled under my breath, trying to cut off the sound of Sammael's stifled cackles.

"Sabrina, how do you define love?" the teacher continued, not noticing anything I was doing or the sweat trickling off my forehead.

"Love's a strong affection for another arising out of kinship or ties tha-"

"He asked for your definition, not the dictionary's," a guy in the back of the class said, making students laugh and the girl roll her eyes, turning to him with a glare.