Chapter 4

Not edited:

--------------------------------------------

"Wake up, whore," Dayna said as she slapped my face with a pillow, making me groan and turn around in bed.

"Happy Birthday, Michelle! I love you!" Tiffany yelled in my ear right before she jumped onto my bed and crushed me with her weight. I hissed in pain from where I laid on the bed, trying to bite back the pain in my back.

"Happy eighteenth, sis," Zach said politely with a chuckle, making me turn and look at him- or, more like squint to the point where they were basically shut- with a smile.

"Thanks. Love you, bro," I replied as I turned around again on the bed and gave Tiffany a hug, making her giggle. "You too, Tiff."

"What about me?" Dayna asked harshly, making me smile at her sarcastically.

"Thank you, Dayna, for starting off the day of my birthday by calling me a whore," I said in a sickly sweet voice, making her smile at me in the same, sarcastic way.

"No problem. Love you, bitch," she responded, making me glare at her.

"Get out," I growled, her eyes rolling as a reply before casually walking out of the room.

"B-But, Dayna was gonna do your face," Tiffany said in a horrified and rushed way, making me choke on air and Zach snort.

"She was going to what?" I asked as I slowly stopped choking, my mind clearing out of the fog.

"Momma told her to. She said for Dayna to make you look pretty," she answered, making me stop laughing.

What did that woman have up her sleeve?

"What else did mommy say?" I asked, trying to not sound suspicious, as I sat up and looked down at her with a smile.

"Uh, uh, uh! I'm not telling!" Tiffany said sternly as she jumped out of the bed and ran out of the room.

"Where are you going?" I asked just as she was about to exist the room. She stopped dead in her tracks and looked at me with a look that said are-you-seriously-that-stupid.

"To go get Dayna, dumby!" she rushed out before continuing to run. "Dayna!" I faintly heard her yell as loud footsteps echoed from the vacant, empty-of-design hallway into my room.

"So..." Zach said awkwardly as he scratched the back of his head. "It's November... You're moving out as soon as college starts... And I won't be able to see my big sister anymore..." he trailed off, actually sounding really sad about it. My eyes widened in shock at the fact that me leaving home even went through his mind at all, but I decided not to comment about that at this point.

"That's not for, like, nine months, Zach," I decided to say instead, a half hearted smile on my face as I said it. "I've still got time to be with you guys."

"Yeah, but time goes by fast," he countered grumpily, "and and University of Oxford isn't necessarily close by to us."

"I'll come and visit during the holidays, I promise," I whispered as I looked down, the thought of leaving them making me want to cry.

I was a really emotional person when it came to my family, and family in general. But I didn't like showing my emotions, and I didn't like feeling weak. Crying, in my opinion, makes everyone look weak- no matter how big your muscles are.

"How? We're not drowning in money, here. Getting plane tickets to come to the U.S. for just three days isn't worth the money you'll be making in Europe," he muttered, making me shake my head. I loved my family, even if we did want to strangle each other more then half of the time. We were each other's rocks, and we had each other's backs no matter what. Now that I think about leaving, the thought of being away from my family makes me feel like layers of the walls I made around me are slowly being broken down, making me feel more vulnerable to crying by the minute.