Chapter 27

Honestly, listen to the song as u read this. That's how I managed to write this book. Sorry, guys, I'm having some serious writers block. Like, I know what I want to write, but I don't know how to get there.. Ya feel me?

• Song: you rock my world by Micheal Jackson

-----

Surprisingly, I haven't ate in fifteen hours and I'm fine. I'm not even tempted to eat Vladimir and he's right next to me, leaning against a tree as he talks about college scouts for hockey.

I can't believe I got lucky enough to meet him when I had my little... Predicament. At least I still have one friend, if we even are friends at this point. I mean, I've never even talked to him unti-

"Michelle? Are you even listening to me?" Vladimir asked with a raised eyebrow, making me jump a foot in the air from shock and land back on my butt with a big thud.

I never knew a human could laugh so hard.

"Oh, shut the fuck up, will you?" I growled in a mumbling voice as a rubbed my throbbing ass, making him laugh even harder.

"I-I'm s-sorry," he cackled, making it really hard for me not to laugh too. His smile and laugh was contagious, I swear.

"You're never gonna get a girl like that," I muttered, making him pout.

"If your going to insult me, at least use correct grammar," he replied sassily, making me roll my eyes at him. "It's 'going to', not 'gonna'."

"Is that the best you got?" I asked him sassily, a smile threatening to escape my lips as I turned to face him. Again, the weird coldness crept up my back.

"Is that supposed to threaten me, shorty?" He mused, making me purse my lips and scrunch my nose.

"I'm five feet and nine inches, asshole," I muttered as he stifled another laugh.

"Yeah, but I'm six feet and three inches, asshole," he said, both of us cracking up at the end of his sentence.

"You're such a child," I chuckled as I playfully slapped him. He playfully glared at me and rubbed his shoulder as he tried not to laugh.

"You're such a meanie," he grumbled with a pout, winking at me after a couple seconds as both of us started to laugh again.

It was official; I liked hanging out with him. He's so laid back and carefree, something that I seriously need back in my system after everything that's happened to me these past weeks.

"Hey, um..." He said awkwardly, scratching the back of his head. I looked over to him with a genuine smile, waiting patiently for him to continue. "Thanks for um... Being my friend," he said, a shade of pink slapping his cheeks as soon as the words left his lips.

I looked at him in shock. "I think I should be the one saying that. Not you," I deadpanned, though a little bit of confusion did get laced into my voice.

"No," he blurted out, making my head jerk back slightly at his outburst. "Shit, sorry... I mean I, uh....

"There's a party I'm having. It's in three weeks," he finally said, though it did sound cautious and slow- like he thought I would regret him.

I mean, this is the first party I've ever been to, so-

'No, it's not,' a demon cackled roughly, making me breath get caught in my throat.

'What are you-'

"So I was wondering..." he continued, the pink covering his cheeks. "Would you, uh... Like to come?"