Chapter 32- part c

A scorpion. 

That's the animal I feel that I can relate to. 

Instantly thought of as a horrible being. Poisonous. Violent.

And, here's the thing.

They only attack when they have to. They only use their venom/poison when they have to. They don't just attack randomly. 

And, right now, I felt like I was in a position where I was the scorpion deciding whether to attack or not. 

Should I paralyze him with fear and tell him I didn't say that out loud?

Or should I go hide, and hope he didn't realize it?

"Why are you all stiff? Are you okay? Are you having a seizure or panic attack or something?" he said quickly, his tone completely flipping upside down- now sounding like a caring brother. "Michelle?" he said as I felt his cold hand slip over my trembling ones.

'Why is he cold to me? My body heat's thirty degrees below average now! Shouldn't he feel warm?'

After that thought Zach's hold on me tightened and we stood in silence for a while with annoyed cars being us honking and cutting us off angrily. 

"Michelle, why didn't your lips move when you said that?" he asked me, making me whimper and shake my head quickly before nudging him off of me and slowly starting the car again. 

No. I refuse to believe it. 

It mutates me? Fine.

It mutates the closest thing I have to family? No. No fucking way/

It's not going to touch my fucking broth-

"Michelle!" Zach yelled out of nowhere, making me snap out of my trance and quickly slam on the breaks. When my hazy vision cleared up I saw that I was inches away from a car, stopped at a red light.  "That's it. Get out of the fucking car," he stated bluntly, opening the door and getting out. My eyes- if even possible- bugged even more out of my head than they already were from all of this shock. 

When I saw him open my door and motion me to get out I looked at him with wide eyes. "Is what we're doing, in any way, legal?" I asked slowly, making him shrug.

"I'm pretty sure both of us getting out of the car on a busy street broke a couple of laws already, but I mean..." he murmured, a slight smile cutting into his lips. 

"Zach, j-"

"I'm driving us," Zach stated, making me groan in disagreement. 

Okay, I understand I almost hit a car, bu-

"But nothing," he ordered, not even realizing I didn't say that out loud. "Go," he said, looking up at the streetlight. "It should be green soon." 

***

Silence filled the air for the rest of the car ride as Zach put all his focus on the street, using knowledge from his one year of having a license to help him. I'm pretty sure that's another thing he did that was illegal. 

The only noise heard was at the end of the ride, when the click of the key in the car sounded. As quickly as possible we got out of the car and Zach threw the key at me, which flew over the top of the car, as he strolled over to his equally egotistical-and-rude friends. 

By the time I made halfway through the parking lot they were all ready running towards a red jeep, that had all four doors completely ripped out, along with the roof. 

"Lord, be with him," I muttered silently to God for Zach, and as though he knew I did he turned towards me and raised an eyebrow. 

My heart dropped to my stomach when I saw his eyes. 

His eyes are naturally brown, like how mine used to be. 

So... Why were they blue right now?

"Zach, come on!" a guy yelled from the car, motioning wildly and impatiently with his hand for him to come over. 

'Don't worry, Michelle,' Cassiel said in my head, making my slowly breath in and out and Zach jumped effortlessly into the high jeep. 'His eyes changed because I entered into him to keep watch of him.'

'The blue eyes should be gone by now,' Iaoel stated formally, no accidental harshness of voice laced in it. 

I took out my phone and put it onto my ear, pretending that I was calling someone in case someone came by. "You guys can do that? Like... Possess someone?" I asked curiously, eyebrows furrowing. 

But, I mean, with all the shit that's happened to me so far,  this isn't really a surprise. 

'Actually, no, we can't literally possess someone... It's... a little more complicated than that," Iaoel said, sounding like he was trying to dumb it down for me. 'It's more... connecting to their soul than... possessing  someone.'

"Michelle!" I heard someone squeal some out of nowhere, making me jump and spin around quickly to see what the source was. My exhaustion rose exponentially when I saw that it was Alivia yelling my name, waving her hands around crazily.  

"I'm sorry...... daddy," I blurted out, saying the first word that came to mind, and immediately wincing, as if something slapped me, when I heard a cackle that sounded like Rahab's trail through the mind-link. 

'Daddy, huh?' he snorted, making me feel mortified.

"I, uh, gotta go," I added awkwardly, before lifting the phone from my face and pretending to end the call.

'We shall talk later, Michelle,' Iaoel said softly before ending our own little call, complete silence substituting his voice. 

"Michelle!" she yelled again as I pretended I couldn't hear her and kept walking. "Michelle!" I yelled once more, elongating every letter in my name. 

'Gosh, she's annoying. I'd hate to be you,' Rahab said with a chuckle in my head, making me accidentally snort out loud. 

'Let me guess. You made out with her?' I asked, feeling an uncomfortable pressure in my stomach when I asked the question.

'Why do you  care?' Rahab chuckled, his deep voice sending chills down my spine. 'Are you... jealous?'

"Of course not!" I yelled out loud on accident, my cheeks flaming and my hands slamming onto my mouth as soon as I realized it. 

"What? I just wanted you to walk a little slower..." Alivia said as she, out of nowhere, ended up right next to me. 

"I don't want to hear this again," I deadpanned, my braining automatically spewing it out. 

She's been trying to apologize to me ever since I started to dress a little prettier and become more social with Rahab, Belial, Ariel, Cassiel, and Iaoel.

"No, I just-"

"Don't care, Alivia. I just don't fucking care," I said, finishing her sentence for her. "Listen. We've been friends for so many years, and I have never treated you, or any of the other girls, the way you guys treated me three months ago. Keep telling me they forced you to say it, keep telling me all that other bullshit that I don't care about. I don't care. I know a liar when I see one, Alivia. I'm not fucking stupid."

"Miche-"

"Just-" I snapped, my tone almost to the point of a growl. As I snapped I saw Alivia's face go from her fake-caring look to her shocked-as-hell look, staring at me as if I just threatened to kill her. "Leave. Me. Alone."

And with that I took an emphasized step back from her and turned swiftly on my heels, heading for my classroom.

Here guys!

That end the Chapter 32 series!!!!! XDD

love you guys! Thanks for watching my video if you did!