These Red Eyes Shine Brightest

Here's chapter 2!

 Giving a shout out to OutcastLove for supporting me through my other series and begin a AWESOME FRIEND!

 Music is in sidebar,and I highly advise you to listen to it, IT ADDS EFFECT TO THE MOOD OF THE BOOK!

 Happy Reading!

______________________________________

 I lay in the bed, listening to the fading sounds of the rain. Insomnia was never too much of a problem before Juliet, I always tried sleeping pills and coffee in the morning, anything to keep awake and have the others happy.

 But now I really can't sleep. Even if I do, I'll only get a few hours, looking on my phone's clock as it says 5:30. It had been raining all night, so I just sat here and listened to that. Or I would plug in my headphones, which weren't damaged by the rain, thank god, and listened to that.

 No matter how hard I tried, it wouldn't work. Sleep avoided me at all costs. I finally gave up, about a hour or so ago. Later I'll have to go back to my 'shared' apartment and hopefully, Juliet will have already moved her stuff out.

 I slowly get up, walking through the darkness to the kitchen, and sitting down at the table. I'm not hungry, I just think I'll sit alone for a bit, before Ash wakes up. I don't want to burden him more than I already have.

 Then I remember my clothes in the dyer, and since I'm up, might as well change quick and get ready for a day filled with hell.

 I make my way to the dryer, grabbing my clothes out and walking over to the bathroom. I slip out of the borrowed ones, and put on my old ones. I notice they smell like Ashely, surprisingly. Maybe he adds something to his laundry to make it smell like chocolate, or maybe it's just me.

 Still feels nice though.

 I borrow the hair straightener, running a comb through my slight bedhead, and straightening the crap out of it. It always fades back to a slightly curly tipped style when I don't straighten it, so I make sure to do it every day.

 Eventually, it goes back to being it's fluffy self, after a bit of hairspray and teasing, and I apply a small bit of eyeliner. A small knocking noise on the doorway makes me jump slightly. I look over to see Ashley smiling slightly at me.

 "Morning Ash." I say, setting the eyeliner down and giving him a small hug.

 "Morning Andy, you sdo know it's like, 7 in the morning, right?" he says, as I check my phone. Seven 'o clock on the dot. Hmm, I wonder how he knew that. As far as I know, they're aren't any clocks he could have check, except maybe his own phone.

 Lucky guess I suppose...

I move out of the way, letting him into the bathroom to do whatever he does in the morning. Heading back into the kitchen, I open the freezer door and pull out  a few frozen waffles, putting them into the toaster and getting out the butter and syrup.

 I also start the coffee maker up, putting the grains in and adding the water. Turn it on, and in about thirty minutes, we'll have fresh coffee. Can't wait, I'm going to need it from my night without sleep. I turn around as the toaster pops the waffle sup, and I make a plate for me and Ash.

 One slice of butter...Two slices of butter...syrup...done! Two beautiful plates of morning awesomeness has just been made. I set them down on the table, not realizing Ash has just walked out of the bathroom, already dressed for today.

 "That was quick..."I wonder to myself aloud. Ash gives a small smirk in return, letting me know he heard me.

 I hop to the coffee machine, pouring two cups and then, sitting down at the table, sliding one over to Ash. He gives a small 'Thank you' and starts digging into the sticky mess of sweet waffles and syrup!