Chapter 54: The Last Day

Start from the beginning

"Making memories," I said, looking back at her.

"Mind if I join you?" she asked.

"It would be my honor, Ms. Heartfillia," I said, with a mini-bow.

Lucy laughed, and grabbed the handle. I grabbed her waist, as she jumped so she was also only halfway in the air.

Her vanilla scent filled my nose, as I pulled her closer.

"Woohoo!" I exclaimed.

I looked around us, and noticed that Gray, Juvia, Gajeel, and Levy were doing the same thing as us.

I gave them a thumbs up, and they gave me one back.

But as I looked around, I didn't see Jellal and Erza anywhere.

"Now this is called living life to the fullest!" Jellal's voice exclaimed.

I turned around, to see Jellal and Erza sitting on top of their helicopter, a golden orb surrounding it.

I grinned. That was so cool.

"Hey Erza!" I yelled.

Erza looked around, and then locked her eyes with mine.

"We're joining you," I informed her, and she gave me a thumbs up.

Lucy looked back at me, with a confused expression.

"Joining her where?" she asked.

I pointed to where Jellal and Erza were. When Lucy realized what I meant, her eyes widened, and she stared at me.

"Are you crazy?" she asked, rhetorically.

"Yes!" I yelled over the wind. "Do you trust me, Luce?"

"Of course," she yelled back.

"Then don't worry," I said, grinning.

I summoned fire beneath me, and I wrapped both of my arms around Lucy's waist, as we rose up to the top of the helicopter.

I created an invisible fire bubble around the helicopter for safety, and then sat down with Lucy in front of me.

"How'd you do that?" Lucy asked, staring at me.

I shrugged. "Magic."

Lucy laughed, and then faced forward. "It's even more beautiful from up here!"

Her hair flew back, and as she turned around to face me, I saw a twinkle in her beautiful brown eyes, the sun shining on her face, making her skin look golden.

"Yeah. Yeah it is," I said, staring at her.

She must've not noticed me staring at her, because she put her arms in the air and yelled, "Wooohoooo!"

When I finally managed to take my eyes off of Luce, I noticed that the others had also climbed on top of their helicopters.

Lucy waved to the other girls, who waved back.

After a few more minutes of flying, the helicopter slowed down, and started to descend to what seemed like a park.