Chapter 9: Moonlight Walk

Hey everyone!!!

Before we continue on with today's chapter, I'd just like to take a moment and virtually hug every single person who reads my fanfic.

I checked about ten minutes ago, and I saw that I had gotten 100 views in about three days. When I found this out, I screamed and because it's night time, I'm pretty sure I woke up everyone in the neighborhood. Oops.

Anyways!

Thank you all so much for whoever reads my story. It's not the most unique storyline, but I still hope it entertains you somewhat.

ANYHOO!

Let's get on with the story!

P.S. I actually sort of planned this chapter out beforehand to make sure it was especially good because I mean come on, it's a Nalu moment. Can't be anything less than amazingly awesome.

Please comment and vote~

~Haazzel10
-------------------------------------------------------

~Lucy's POV~

Natsu and I had been forced to go on a "walk along the beach" as Mira had so obnoxiously stated it.

Although we had been alone a lot of times before, this just somehow felt different.

The sun had set, and the sky was pitch black. There was a full moon out tonight. The moonlight shone against our skin, making some light for us to see, but barely enough.

The sand kept getting in my sandals, so Natsu suggested that I take them off before hand.

We walked so close that every once in a while our shoulders rubbed together. The night sky was quiet, except for the soothing sound of the ocean waves, and the hooting of an owl.
-----------------------------------------------------

"Why is it so hard for us to talk? We're perfectly fine on jobs," Natsu said.

"Yeah exactly. It's like Mira put some weird aura around us to make it super awkward," I added.

"She's like an evil satan witch tiger. Always watching us," Natsu explained.

Evil satan witch tiger? That was the best explanation of her I had ever heard. I burst into laughter. It just sounded ridiculous.

"What's so funny?" He asked.

"I-It's just that description o-of Mira. It's a great w-way to describe her," I managed to say in between laughs.

When I stopped laughing, I noticed Natsu smiling at me.

"W-What?" I asked. There were slight hints of pink on my cheeks.

"It's just you look cute when you laugh like that. You should do that more often," he explained.

His voice was soft, which was very unusual for Natsu.

"T-Thanks," I managed to say.

He said I looked... cute? He really thought that? I blushed so hard that even with the sky so dark, I could tell that it was noticeable.

For a few moments, there was silence.

I stopped walking, and looked up and the starry sky.

"It sure is pretty. The sky I mean," I said, admiring the beautiful scenery.

Natsu stopped walking and looked up as well, before bringing his attention back to me.

"Just like you," he whispered it so softly that I could barely hear it.