Outside The Lines {15}

Start from the beginning

                “There you are!” Galen said, patting the spot on the couch next to him. I sat down and he crawled into my lap.

                “Dimmy, you won’t pick Theo over me, will you?” he asked, looking anxious.

                “How could I ever pick anyone over my fabulous little brother?” I asked in fake shock.

                Galen giggled and kissed my cheek. “I’m just being sure! Hey, you should get us some juice!”

                I placed him next to me and stood up. I moved into the kitchen, nearly running into Alek as she entered the room.

                “Watch where you’re going freak,” she said, glaring at me.

                “Terribly sorry Aleksandra,” I said, stepping aside to let her by and smirking at her. The way she hated me was oh so amusing.

                “Stay away from Theo,” she said flatly.

                “Now how can I stay away from my little Theodore?” I asked, my smirk getting wider. If only you knew, big sister. If only you knew.

                “He doesn’t like you Dimitri,” she said.

                I chuckled. “I beg to differ.”

                I could see it in his eyes. Hell, I could feel it in his kisses. Little Theodore was falling for me, and quite hard.

                It was strange. I was falling for him just as hard. I just wanted to be open with him, show him off to the world. But he wanted us a secret, and I would respect that. It barely bothered me. And like I had told him; I had always wanted a secret relationship. The thrill of it made me grin.

                “Just stay away from him,” she said, clenching her fists.

                “Oh my…Aleksandra, are you crushing on little Theodore?” I asked, my eyes lighting up at the very thought of that. Ah, the webs we weave.

                Alek blushed, confirming my thoughts. “Shut up Dimitri. He wants you to leave him alone. And I saw you eyeing his sister the other day. You going to hit it and quit it with her too, huh? Hurt another nice girl?”

                “Honestly, Zoey wasn’t even your friend Aleksandra,” I said with a sigh. I didn’t “hit it and quit it”. It’s not like I went out and had sex with people just to hurt them. If they consented to it, it happened. That was all. I made my feelings very clear, and left the choice to them.

                “She was my best friend’s cousin!” she snapped.

                “Details.” I waved my hand dismissively. “I don’t plan to have intercourse with Thalia.”

                “Dimmy?” Galen stepped into the room and came over to me, shooting Alek a suspicious look. “Are you being mean to him?”

                “No, I’m not being mean to him Galen,” Alek said impatiently. She turned her glare back to me. “Are you happy Dimitri? You’re brainwashing a seven year old kid.”

                “Brainwashing?” I shook my head, resisting the urge to laugh. “Aleksandra, I’m just spending time with my wonderful little brother! You ought to try it sometime, really. I’m fabulous company, honey.”