Chapter One

Chapter One

***

Brooklyn Dylan Warrener fanned herself with a catalog as the hot Georgia sun beat down on her.

"What about this one?"

Jewell Castello, Brooke's best friend, sat outside with Brooke at a Starbucks, flipping through bridal magazines.

Brooke shaded her eyes and looked at the dress that Jewell was pointing to. It was strapless and puffy, and had a long train.

Brooke cringed. "That looks like something my mother would pick out. Well, either her or Stella."

Estelle was Brookes's wedding planner. She went by Stella.

Jewell sighed. "I guess. Can we go inside now?"

Brooke shook her head hastily. "No! I haven't seen all the girls together in a long time. We agreed to meet outside."

Jewell rolled her eyes. "I know. But they don't know how hot it is!"

Just then, a black convertible with three girls in it pulled up and parallel parked in front of the Starbucks. The stereo was playing Britney Spears's 'Toxic' loudly, and the girls were singing along. The car was parked and the three girls stepped out, walking towards Starbucks.

Brooke sat bolt upright with a gasp, as they sat down at Brooke and Jewell's table.

"You're here!"

"I know!" Danielle squealed.

"We missed you so much," Perrie sighed, giving both Brooke and Jewell a hug.

"I can't believe you're getting married!" Eleanor gushed.

"Neither can I," Brooke admitted. "I'm eighteen!"

"I ordered your favorites!" Jewell singsonged. "Dani, Orange Mango Smoothie, Ellie, Very Berry Hibiscus, and Perrie, Tazo Iced Chai Tea Latte," Jewell said, distributing the drinks.

"I missed this," Eleanor sighed as she leaned back in her chair and took a long sip of her hibiscus.

"Ugh, why are we in Atlanta? It's so hot!" Dani complained.

"Some promotion or something," Brooke explained. "We're leaving in two days. I don't know why you three didn't just wait and meet up with us in London."

"Well, all the bridesmaids are here!" Jewell cheered.

"We couldn't wait to see you two! So when the wedding?" Perrie asked.

"August 3. The first Saturday in August," Brooke answered.

Dani pondered. "So when you get married you'll be nineteen! You're birthday is in July, right?"

"July 16," Brooke nodded. "Three days."

"How are you celebrating?"

Brooke shrugged.

Jewell, Eleanor, Danielle, and Perrie exchanged a glance.

"We'll see," Jewell said.

Brooke narrowed her eyes. "Don't do anything."

"We won't," Eleanor assured her falsely, her voice high and clear.

Rolling her eyes playfully, Brooke stood up from her seat, pushing her chair back. "I've got to meet Stella. I'll see you all later! Jewell can take you guys to David's Bridal to show you some possible bridesmaids dresses. Bye!"

Brooke took off her sunglasses and placed them on her head, before proceeding to walk across the street and head down four blocks to Stella's office.