Outside The Lines {14}

Start from the beginning

                                                                                                ***

                “Let’s get unprofessional. Don’t you know it’s gonna feel much better with ohh just a little of ahh,” Oliver sang as we sat in study hall.

                “Feeling the tension, feeling the stress, I’ve got a notion I want to confess,” I mumbled, watching as Dimitri came strutting in, late as always.

                Alek, sitting next to Thalia across from me, shot me a pleading look. I gave her a slight nod to let her know I wouldn’t tell anyone about her and Dimitri.

                Dimitri came right over to our table. He was wearing tight yellow jeans, a shirt with pink floral patterns, his purple scarf, and rainbow suspenders.

                “Thalia dear, so sorry. I’ll be unable to tutor today,” he said with a dramatic sigh. “I have some business to attend to after school.”

                “What about tutoring tomorrow?” Thalia asked.

                Dimitri shrugged. “You could tutor tonight. I’m sure Kimberly darling would stay. Although it would dry and boring with my magnificent self, I’m sure. As for tomorrow, we’ll see.” His eyes slid to my face. “Hello little Theodore!”

                “Go away,” I said flatly, deciding to act how I usually did. I didn’t want to raise suspicion.

                Judging by Dimitri’s amused look and his usual smirk, he had been expecting me to keep acting normal. He drummed his fingers against the table.

                “Little Theodore, you’re shirt is inside out,” he said, nodding at it.

                I looked down at my shirt and blushed. “Thalia! Oliver! Why didn’t you guys tell me?” I glared at them.

                “I can’t tell. Your clothes are always solid colors!” Oliver whined, gesturing at my dark gray shirt.

                “Oh, I noticed. I was just seeing how long it took you to notice,” Thalia said, reaching over and flicking the tag of my shirt.

                I pushed her hand away. “Evil,” I grumbled, standing up and leaving the cafeteria to go fix my shirt in the bathroom.

                I went into the boys’ room and looked around. No one was in here, and this bathroom was usually pretty deserted. Being too lazy to go into a stall, I began to tug my shirt off.

                The bathroom door opened and I hastily fixed my shirt, looking up. I blushed as Dimitri smirked at me, shutting the door and locking it. He leaned against the wall, crossing his arms and nodding at me to continue.

                “What are you doing in here?” I asked, more embarrassed than angry.

                “Well, I certainly wasn’t going to pass up the opportunity to see my boyfriend topless, little Theodore,” he said, chuckling.

                He pushed himself off of the wall and came over to me. He gently brushed his fingers against my cheek.

                “So many people get embarrassed of their bodies. I never understood why. The body is a beautiful thing, whether it’s large, small, scarred, or smooth,” he said, his delicate fingers moving from my cheek down to my stomach, playing with the fabric of my inside-out shirt.