Confess

Rayoung waits for Jooheon to show up at the convenience store. Jooheon runs and says, "Sorry I'm late, my shift ended late."

They both buy cup ramen and take a bite of the warm soup. Jooheon takes off his scarf and wraps it around Rayoung. For the first time since the trip, Rayoung senses his warm self again. She accepts it gladly and they eat in silence. Rayoung is now hooked onto ramen, thanks to Mark.

She drinks all her soup and Jooheon offers her his soup, which she denies. She then says, "Your friends told me...that you were thrown into the bet."

Jooheon doesn't say anything and Rayoung continues, "Why didn't you tell me?"

Jooheon looks at her silently and replies, "Because I was starting feelings for you but I wanted to stop myself. Seyoung used me a lot, she gave me a lot of pain. We went out quietly and Mark is the only one who knew...I didn't want him to know because I knew he liked her as well."

Jooheon then closes his ramen cup and continues, "Jenny was Seyoung's friend. She gave her hardships because she and Mark were in a relationship kind of. Seyoung is a jealous and wanting girl...even if she went out with me, she wanted Mark as well. So she used to always blackmail Jenny to leave Mark, and Mark found out. Jenny says it wasn't true but Mark started to hate Seyoung ever since then. I was just heartbroken and Seyoung would lie to others that I gave her heartbreaks."

Jooheon then starts to breathe heavily, which Rayoung stops him from talking. She then asks, "Why did you stop soccer?"

Jooheon scratches his head and replies, "Well, my father was upset to hear that I didn't please you enough and he found out about me and Seyoung. He banned me from using the money he makes, so I have to make my own money. He got me an apartment and he pays for it but I have to make my money and food."

Rayoung feels great regret and Jooheon feels it and replies, "No, no it's not your fault. I told him that I didn't like you and that I was a jerk to you."

Rayoung still feels regret and Jooheon says, "I don't want you to be hurt. Mark makes you happy enough and I am just grateful to see your face."

Jooheon looks at his phone and says, "Oh, the time is late. I'll walk you home."

He throws away their ramen cups and helps Rayoung stand up and walk together. Rayoung puts her arm around his and says, "This is how I'll repay you." She put her head against his shoulder and they walked together, and Jooheon smiles to himself.
---
Rayoung sees Jooheon walk off from her window. He trudges and walks slowly and finally is gone from the street. Rayoung sits down on her bed and realizes that it is her fault for doing something like that to Jooheon.

Mark calls Rayoung to make sure she is okay. She told him before she went to go meet Jooheon. Rayoung weakly picks up, "Mark..."

Mark listens carefully and replies, "You think so too?"

Rayoung nods and replies, "It's the only way..."

Mark sighs and replies, "Got it."
---
Sorry this is a short chapter 😅

Follow me on Wattpad and Instagram : allofyourkpop