Meeting him

Tak Rayoung

My parents move all the time so I barely stay for a year at schools so I never was able to maintain friendships throughout the years. But this year, it's going to be a bit different. I plan to stay for the remaining two years at a private high school and graduate. For years, I wanted to be surrounded by friends that I can finally get along without worrying over when to move again. 

It's a new feeling as I slowly see the buildings form as I arrive. My father's driver pulls up beside the entrance of the school. The campus is huge, with big tall buildings and gardens that help brighten the school's walkway towards the entrance. Looking down at my legs, I am able to find favor within the school uniform as well, as they are tight to fit your body yet is not too short to reveal anything.

Stepping onto the walkway of the entrance, I pass by the cheerleaders standing in front as I walk into the school. There must have been an upcoming basketball game today, as they start to cheer as everyone passes by to create the live school spirit. All the girls have a different approach to fashion as my plain black hair was different than their colored hairstyles. I guess fashion styles are much different for cheerleaders and students as they put on heavy makeup and keeping care of their skinny bodies. 

Compared to my body, I wear light makeup and more muscular due to my interests in sports. One thing I am most excited about is the sports teams as I have never practiced in a co-ed team before. This private school allows students to play sports together without the hinderances of segregating girls and boys. As I pass by the cheerleaders, they seem to judge my sense of style as I seem like a minor against their "high" fashion. 

Compared to the already huge school, the inside of the school is magically bigger than what it seems outside. I keep staring at the paintings across the hallway, which seem to glisten with the power and glory of the school's pride. The classrooms are as big as colleges as I walk by each of them, scanning to see teachers getting ready for their classes. 

I enter into Room 20, the room for Junior class. I stand in the front as the students file inside the room. They look at me with curiosity, angrily, and flirtatiously. The teacher, her name is Miss Han. Each pupil stares at me as I feel the nervousness growing within my stomach. She stands in front of the class next to me and shouts to be heard, "Attention!!!!! This is a new student! Her name is Tak Rayoung. She is the daughter of the shareholder of this school so I expect everyone to be nice to her."

I forgot to mention. Everyone in this school has some connection to money.

Everyone woos as I bow quietly before announcing, "Nice to meet you. I'm Tak Rayoung." The teacher directs me to a seat near the wall but it is a single desk. Probably a sign that I will be sitting alone... 

 The glances as I walk by start to attract more attention as they all start to snicker amongst each other. The teacher realizes the whispers and quiets them down. She then looks at me and adds towards her comment, "I'll find you a seat next to a partner as I figure things out. Just sit alone, for now, Rayoung."

Technically, this is like the second week of school as I noticed. I got an invitation late, so no wonder everyone is staring at me. The teacher tells us to open our textbooks as I watch others. I am supposed to go to the office to pick up my books during class but I had no idea where the office is located. I should have studied the school map before my arrival. 

But again, the teacher reads my mind again and replies, "Um, Mark please help her go to the office and pick up her books. And also, get dress coded for wearing earrings again."

Behind me, a student with earbuds and earrings attached to his ears rolls his eyes as he gets called on. He looks at me with an annoyed gaze and just stares at me. He flips his hair back before he stands up as he motions me to follow him. I follow quietly as I walk behind him. The hallway is quiet but my squeaky shoes make him look behind to glance at me a couple of times. Feeling his gaze on me, I soon realize he keeps smirking at my little mistakes. But I soon turn my head back down as he continues to walk in front of me without a single word. 

As I walk with my head, I bump into his body as he stops abruptly without notifying me. He turns around and I look up slowly, only to realize that I am up to his shoulders. I didn't want to look up at his eyes again so I stare at his neck. He asks with an annoying tone, "Am I that likable?"

I bow and reply hesitantly as I didn't know what to do, "Sorry." 

He laughs and sarcastically comments, "Your manners are the best, isn't it?"

I decide to not reply to his rude comments as he points at one of the doors with a window attached to it. He says, "Here is the office. You can go in by yourself, right? Also, you can go by yourself."

He turns around and inserts both his earphones in his ear and I blurt out to remind him, "Aren't you supposed to go too?" 

He stops walking and turns around. He walks back to me, and before I realize it, he pushes me against the wall that is within the hallways. I grunt to myself in the slight pain as he glares down angrily at me. After staring down at me to intimidate me, he leans close to me and replies with a whisper, "Don't talk to me, Princess." 

I blink quietly in response as his sudden change in attitude leaves me speechless. He takes a step back right as he does as I could feel him judging me through his actions. A last little smirk is painted onto his face as he turns around walks the other way. I feel a sense of embarrassment rising within my stomach as I try to remember his distinct but interesting name. An English name it was...

Mark

Mark is his name.

---------

I have a feeling this book is the best out of the three that have been published so far haha. This book is going to be a short one but I hope people will enjoy it and maybe there will be a second book or the same book with different characters???
Comment below your ideas and please like as well :):):)

Follow me on Wattpad and Instagram!
@ allofyourkpop