23- time together

In no way shape or form do I own or attempt to own anything from the Ghost Rider seriesand its characters and/or the Yugioh series and its characters. Please leave me your comments and reviews telling me what you think. Thanks!

23- time together

After learning everything, the team went their seperate ways. Atem's body merged back with Yugi as the young teen headed home. Yugi thought over what he had learned about the prophecy that he had just heard Uriel tell them. It seemed that there was more to the prophecy then he realized. Yugi needed time to think over everything. With everything he had been through lately, he hadn't had any time to himself.

"Grandpa, I am home!" Yugi called out out into the house tossing his stuff in his room. The house was erriely quite as it seemed that his grandfather went out. Yugi decided that this was a good time to do his landry and pick up his room. After everything was done Yugi laid on his bed staring up at the celling. He was surpised that Atem had been really quite since learning everything. *Atem what do you think about everything that we had learned?*Yugi asked. Atem still remained silent. Yugi just let out a long sigh as he closed his eyes.

Yugi must have fallen asleep as he had strange dreams of the past when he was Atemu and visions of the future. The two blurred together as Yugi tossed and turned violently in his bed. Yugi's grandfather shook the teen waking him up. Yugi's eyes snapped open as he bolted up right.

"Yugi snap out of it!" stated Solomon Moto. Yugi gasped sharply as his crimson eyes refocused and his fangs retracted.

"Grandpa...?" he asked unsure of what just happened.

"Thank goodness. It seemed that you were having a terrible dream. Do you want to talk about it?" Yugi just shook his head no. Solomon didn't pester his grandson about it. It seemed to Solomon Moto that Yugi needed a much needed break from everything. Yugi had been through so much since Atem, the spirit of vengeance had become a part of him. "Yugi do you have any plans this week?" Yugi looked at his grandfather in confusion wondering what the old man had in mind.

"Not that I am aware of. What are you planning grandpa?" asked Yugi.

"Camping back up to the old cottage. We haven't been up there in years. It seems like you need a break from Mr. Moto. Besides I want to meet and get to know this Atem that is within you." Upon hearing this Atem stired within the back of Yugi's mind.

*Why would he want to get to know me?* Atem asked mentally.

*Maybe because you are a part of me. Besides I can use the break. I need time to think over everything.* replied Yugi mentally. Atem could sense it. With everything that Yugi has been though, his body has already begun the transition merging Yugi and Atem together. Atem could feel what the teen was going through. The merge was bound to happen soon when they faced Zarathos. But the process to even get this far as been a slow one for Atem.

*We should do it Yugi.* Atem told the teen which surprised the teen. Yugi sighed out loud before he told his grandfather that he was out ruled.

When they got up to the cabin Solomo Moto told his grandson to relax. Nobody would find them at this cabin as they were very far from the city and everyone else. Yugi had never shown his grandfather his new form yet as he was unsure if he should. He hasn't transformed into his true form since that last incident of Atem summoning Obelisk.

"Grandpa would it be all right if I transform into my true form?" Yugi asked getting a questioning look from his grandfather.

"Your true form?" asked Solomon.

"My form had changed as I took on some of the aspects of Atem's original body seeing how I am the reincarnation of his actual body. Atem's true form as a spirit of vengeance is much different than my regular form." Solomon slowly nodded his head yes as Yugi took off his shirt allowing his dark bat-like wings to rip out of his back. Yugi hardly felt any pain unlike the first time when he went through the transformation. Every now and then when Yugi would transform in and out of his true form, he would only experience brief flashes of pain. Solomon Moto's eyes widened when he saw this form. If it was at all possible Yugi felt more comfortable in this new form than in his human form. Maybe it was because of his wings that made him feel this way. Yugi's wings flapped around a bit before they folded nicely behind his back. Yugi let out a sigh of relief feeling better. "Thanks." stated putting on an open backless shirt for his wings.

*Yugi, you may use the mystic puzzle to give me a physical body. Since the items had all come together recently, the ancient magic that resides within these items have been unlocked. Now it won't drain you so much to use the puzzle.*

*Are you sure about this Atem?* asked Yugi.

*Yes. Your grandfather wants to spend time with you and get to know me. The only way we can do this is if you use the puzzle to give me a physical body.* replied Atem. Yugi reached into his pocket taking out the mystic puzzle.

"Hey, I see that you solved it." Solomon snapping Yugi back into reality. Yugi looked at the puzzle that was in his hands.

"Oh this yeah, I solved it a couple of days ago. Actually this is an ancient artifact that once belonged to Atem. I think that he can explain more about it that than I can." Yugi stated. Before his grandfather could ask what he meant, the puzzle began to glow. Atem began to fully manifest right besides Yugi as he also held onto the puzzle. Once Atem's body had finally manifested, the puzzle stopped glowing as Atem transformed into his true form. Atem smiled at Solomon bowing his head slightly.

"It is nice to finally meet you in person Solomon Moto. I am Atem."

"It is nice to meet you as well Atem. Perhaps maybe you can fill in some of the gaps that my grandson hasn't told me." Solomon Moto stated as Atem simply nodded his head.

Atem explained things to Solomon Moto with the help of Yugi. Atem didn't leave anything out as he told him everything from the past up to the present. Atem explained who he truly was, how he died and became the spirit of vengeance. About how Yugi was the reincarnation of his body and that he and Yugi will become whole again but have two seperate souls. They even explained about the prophecy.

"So let me get this right. My grandson is the reincation of your body as the two of you are becoming one as you are destined to stop this ultimate evil from destroying the world.'

"Pretty much."

"And you are all right with this Yugi?" asked Solomon as Yugi nodded his head yes. "I guess that I have to except what is going on as well. Just promise me that you will be careful Yugi. I don't need to loose you because of this."

"Don't worry grandpa. You will not loose me so easily."