5- a friend's death

In no way shape or form do I own or attempt to own anything from the Ghost Rider seriesand its characters and/or the Yugioh series and its characters. Please leave me your comments and reviews telling me what you think.  Thanks!

5- A friend's death

Atem drove his motorcycle back to the hospital entering through the front door. Nobody seemed to be aware of his presence as he went back to the room that Yugi Moto was supposed to be in but he stopped and headed to the room Tea Gardner was in. He was greatful that Pegasus's magic was still in effect as it allowed him to walk around without drawing any unwanted attention. Atem silently slipped into Tea's room closing the door behind him. He silently cursed out loud when he saw the shape that Tea was in as blood tears glittered down his face. He felt so helpless as he couldn't do anything to help the teen. Even for someone as powerful as him, he was powerless to help Tea.

"I am so sorry Tea. If I had the power to help you I would but I can't. I know that your current state you can hear me. Please don't hold on. Move on into the light. I know that Yugi maybe sad by your passing but your body will never again be the same. I have seen this one too many time before. Even if you managed to wake up your wounds are too serious as you will be forced to die a slow and painful death. Please for everyone's sake move into the light." Atem whispered clutching Tea's hands. Tears glittered in Tea's eyes as she clearly heard Atem's words. Slowly her heartbeat slowed down before stopping completely. This was the only way that the spirit of vengeance could help. His voice was like a guiding voice to those who were suffering showing them the way to Heaven. It was one power Atem didn't use lightly as it usually worked only on those he or/and his human host knew. He could see Tea's spiritual body emerge forth from her body as she brushed away Atem's blood tears.

*Thank you Lord Atemu. Please give my love to Yugi Moto. Tell him that my spirit shall always remain with him and that I will always love him. I pray that one day your spirit will also find peace.* stated Tea's spirit. Tea had refereed to him by his true name which only a select few knew. He clutched the spirit's hand looking up at her.

*I thank you Tea but my spirit can never truly rest. It is my duty as the spirit of vengeance to help you will find peace in the afterlife. May Ra guide your soul.* With that said the spirit of Tea vanished as Atem walked out of the room heading towards Yugi's room. He could feel his human host stiring. Of course the human part of him had no idea of what Atem had just done. He hoped that Yugi would forgive him. Slowly Atem slipped into the room rehooking Yugi to the machines before the change took him over forcing the spirit of vengeance to vanish replacing it with the form of his human host Yugi Moto.

*Please forgive me Yugi!* he stated mentally.

Yugi rubbed his head feeling worse than usual. He felt so weak and drained of energy but he had heard Atem's parting words clearly. Tears streamed down the young teens face. Why was he crying and why did Atem ask for forgiveness. Suddenly he could hear panic break out. Despite his bodies protests, Yugi lept onto his feet stumbling to the door only to be caught by someone.

"Take it easy Yugi-boy." stated a familiar voice. Yugi looked up to see Pegasus there as tears streamed in his eyes as instinctively Yugi knew. The young teen collapsed onto his knees as the tears streamed down his face.

"Tea..." he cried as Pegasus held the teen close to him.

"Don't worry Yugi-boy...Miss Gardner didn't suffer. Atem used his powers to guide her. It would have been a matter of time before she died but it would have been slow and painful. Atem knew this. So while he had complete control over your body he went to try to stop those whom would have caused the world to suffer a terrible fate and to guide Miss Tea to Heaven's door. This only works on those that either he and/or you know. He didn't want Tea to suffer any more that is the reason why he helped her move on." Yugi stopped crying as he now understood why he woke up crying and why the spirit asked for forgiveness. Yugi sat there unable to say a word as he grieved for the lost of his friend.

Several days later Tea's funneral was held as Yugi remembered all of the good times that he and Tea had together. He stood there several minutes later after everyone had left looking at Tea's gravestone which read "Tea Gardner beloved daughter and friend. Who was loved and cherished by all." Yugi barely said a word to anyone as he blamed himself for Tea's death. The tears on Yugi's face still glittered down his face.

*Yugi please...Tea wouldn't want to see you this way.* stated a dark voice within his mind.

"Shut up. You have no right to say her name." Yugi snarled out loud.

*She told me that she loved you and that she will always be with you. She told me that she will always be with me. Would you prefer her to suffer forever until her body just gave up and die? I too have lost someone long ago.* snapped the voice. Yugi placed his hand onto Tea's gravestone feeling the cool texture of slate beneath his fingers. He had no idea that Atem had also lost someone he care for. Did this mean at one time Atem was once alive? As Yugi looked up there standing right behind the gravestone stood a being that looked like him but was not him. Could it be possible that he was seeing Atem for the first time? Yugi blinked back the tears stunned. Lately he felt his connection to the spirit vengeance was becoming a little stronger as he could clearly hear him better than before. The spirit ran his ghostly hands over the slab as blood tears streaked down his face. *Loosing loved ones is never easy no matter how many times it happens. But always remember they are always with us in our thoughts and hearts. I had to do what I felt was best Yugi. I couldn't allow her to suffer like mine did not again. Please forgive me Yugi.* Atem stated.

*Again? Wait are you telling me that Tea was a reincarnation of your long lost love?* Yugi asked mentally rather than out loud. Atem simply sighed shaking his head yes.

*This was the fifth time that I have lost her. I don't know if or even when she will be reincarnated. I have managed to loose her only this time when I had the power to somewhat ease her suffering. The first time I had lost her was when I was human. The other three I was a spirit trapped in a void only able to watch from a distance.* replied Atem. Yugi was speechless as he had no idea. Atem was only now opening up about part of his past. Yugi could tell that he still cared for his love no matter how many times she was reincarnated or what form she was in. But what was Yugi's connection? That part still remained unclear. *Yugi it's time for you to take a trip. Head for Egypt. The answers lay there.* Atem stated before he vanished. Yugi just stood there for a few more minutes before he mounted his motorcycle taking off. Maybe his grandfather could use his connection to get him to Egypt. His grandfather worked part time as an archaeologist as Yugi knew bits and pieces of what his grandfather knew. He had been Egypt once before when he was little but this time would be different. This time he would be searching for answers about Atem's past and his connection to the spirit of vengeance.