18- Yugi's death?

In no way shape or form do I own or attempt to own anything from the Ghost Rider seriesand its characters and/or the Yugioh series and its characters. Please leave me your comments and reviews telling me what you think.  Thanks!

18- Yugi's death?

Both Wolverine and Storm rushed Yugi back to the hospital where they both found Professor Xavier talking to a man with long straight hair. When the man with white hair saw the condition that Yugi was in, concern stretched across his face as Duke laid Yugi down onto one of the hospital beds.

"Dam it all what were you thinking? There is no way that Yugi may survive this. It is far too oon to use the gods power. At least you didn't summon Oblisk the tormentor or the Winged Dragon of Ra. We would be even in worse trouble if you summoned them forth." Caretaker stated as he pulled back his hair revealing a golden eye. He had taken out the key chain that laid within Yugi's pocket. Caretaker than turned to Duke. Duke could visibly see the symbol on Caretaker's left hand as his golden eye looked similar to Duke's necklace and Yugi's puzzle. Duke took off the necklace handing it over to Caretaker without thinking twice about it. Caretaker took the necklace as he began to chant in a strange language. The three mystic items glowed as Atem's form began to materialize. Atem wasn't even half way formed before Yugi's body went into shock which forced Atem the rest of the way out. Both the spirit of vengeance and Caretaker cursed out loud. Yugi was dying. Whenever Atem and/or Caretaker tried to use their powers on Yugi's body, the power was turned against them. "Dam it all!" shouted Caretaker in frustration. Suddenly the room was filled with a brilliant light as a being began to emerge from the light. Wolverine's claws lengthened as lightning crackled in Storm's hands. Atem stood in front of the two mutants with his arm out stretched shacking his head. Once the light disappeared there standing before them was an angel dressed in full golden bronze armor. His hair was much like Atem's as it was on fire, he stared at the group through glowing golden eyes which had no visible irises and/or pupils. His creamy white feathered wings folded behind his back.

"Atem, Caretaker." the angel stated in a deep ghostly voice.

"Uriel." Atem replied. Uriel didn't say much as he went next to Yugi's bed.

*Yugi Moto can you hear me?* Uriel asked the teen mentally.

*Who are you?* Yugi asked back as Uriel's spirit appeared within Yugi's mind. *Uriel?* Yugi asked as he recognized the angel thanks to him sharing memories with Atem.

*You are dying Yugi, I have the power to save you but this will forever change your life as you know it. If I do save your life you will no longer be human. You will end up becoming almost half of what Atemu was when he was alive and during the time when you and he were one in the same. This will also fuse both of your spirit and soul together with Atem's.* stated Uriel. *Of course the choice is your alone. Although I have to admit that you have come much father then I even thought was possible.* Yugi had a lot to think about. Yugi knew that he couldn't allow himself to die but could he really sacrifice his humanity? Yugi had all ready sacrificed his body to help Atem. After thinking about it for a while it seemed that Yugi had made his decision.

*Uriel....I have made my decision. I can't allow myself to die just yet. Not when there is so much that I have left to accomplish. Well not just me but also Atem. I started this thing, I might as well see it through to the very end.* Yugi replied.

*Very well Yugi.* Uriel stated as the angel's power began to course through Yugi's body.

Atem could feel the change that was happening to Yugi's body. He couldn't believe that Yugi had decided to become a half vampire as his spirit and soul will become one with Atem as Yugi would never be human again. All Atem could do was to watch as Yugi's body under went the change. Yugi reminded Atem of himself when he was alive. Atem vanished disappearing back into Yugi's body as the transformation completed itself. Two large jet black bat wings emerged from out of Yugi's back as his tri-color hair grew longer sleeking back. Yugi's physical frame grew much taller and a little bit more muscular. Uriel removed his hand as Yugi opened his new blood red eyes with cat-like irises as sharp fangs protruded from his mouth. Without saying a single word Uriel removed one of his bracers off of his arm.

"You must feed Yugi Moto. You will find that you will hunger for blood more than ever before. Those who know of your situation will be there to help you. Beware Yugi of the one whom you have yet to meet. Once you find your last ally, Caretaker shall fill you in on everything." Uriel stated. Yugi took the angel's blood without question as the large wings sank back into Yugi's body. After he had feed Yugi proceeded to thank everyone for their help.

"Are you certain about this Yugi?" Pegasus asked as the teen simply nodded his head yes.