3- enter the Caretaker

In no way shape or form do I own or attempt to own anything from the Ghost Rider seriesand its characters and/or the Yugioh series and its characters. Please leave me your comments and reviews telling me what you think. Thanks!

3– enter the Caretaker

After Blackout was completely gone, the dark magician defused with Atem allowing the dark rider to take care of the humans. Atem silently thanked the magician for his help as the mystical motorcycle came up to Atem. He knew he had to get this human whom was injured to the hospital. Atem placed his hands onto the motorcycle infusing the bike with hellfire as the bike changed shape becoming much longer in order to fit multiple passangers.

"Get on." he told the two humans. The teen looked at her injured father unsure of what to do. Detective Hawkins just nodded his head believing that they could trust the Dark Rider. "Just hold on as tightly as you can. I am going to get your father to the hospital as quickly as I can." stated Atem as the teenage girl sat in front of the rider and the detective behind him. Atem undid his chain tying around the two humans before revving up his motorcycle taking off into the night.

Atem darted in and out of traffic as the teenage girl screamed at the top of her lungs. Never in Atem's life has the need to protect humans ever been so strong. He had no idea of what that vampire was after but he felt that it was somewhat connected to what happened to Yugi. *Right now I must ensure that these two are safe.* Atem thought to himself as he arrived at the emergency room within seconds. The tech hands stared at Atem almost in disbelief that he had returned back with two people this time both alive even though one was greatly injured. The tech hands took care of the detective as Atem's bike returned back to normal before Atem drove off into the night.

Atem drove for what seemed like an hour arriving at the graveyard. Atem felt at peace among the dead as he needed to regain his energy. Atem drove up parking in front of a mausoleum. Atem got off of his bike going inside sitting down next to the stone casket. Atem closed his eyes wondering deep into thought as he tried to piece together what he knew about himself and his mission. The rider must have passed out as he transformed back into his human form of Yugi Moto.

When Yugi awoke he felt sore and drained of energy that he could barely move. His head pounded as memories of yesterdays events played in the back of his mind's eye. He could remember hearing Atem telling him things in the back of his mind. It was by then that Yugi had noticed that he was in an unfamiliar place. A strange man entered into the room just as Yugi was finally able to move. The man was dressed in rather dingy looking clothes much like an undertaker would be dressed in as his long white hair looked to be a matted mess as part of it covered half of his face as he looked at Yugi through his sky blue eye the only one that Yugi was able to see.

"What was the Rider thinking when he left you in that mausoleum completely warn out. Just be grateful that I was the one whom had found you boy and not somebody else. But then again what was Atem thinking when he choose you for his host." the man stated with a slight southern accent. Even though Yugi hardly knew this man, he felt like he knew who he was. And this person seemed to know about Atem. Which made Yugi wonder if he could be the one that Atem was telling him to find.

"Excuse me but I know that this may sound strange but are you Caretaker?" Yugi asked as the man nodded his head yes.

"That would be me, Maxamillion Pegasus. You may call me Pegasus or Caretaker if you wish. I assume that he told you to find me Yugi-boy because I can help you two." replied Pegasus.

"But how do you know my name when I never told you it?" Yugi asked as Pegasus simply smiled.

"Simple Yugi-boy, I am more than I appear to be." replied moving his hair away from the half of his face to reveal a golden metal eye as the lines of the eye looked to be Egyptian in design. "I know more about you then perhaps you know about yourself. But we should focus on the bigger concern you have right now with the vampire that you, I mean Atem had battled yesterday night. Do you know if he found out what that vampire was after?" asked Pegasus. Yugi thought for a little bit shacking his head no. Pegasus scratched his chin wondering if Yugi even knew what was going on. "It seems that I don't have much of a choice but talk to the source himself." muttered Pegasus underneath his breath. Yugi looked at him in confusion as Caretake placed his left hand onto Yugi's forehead. His metal eye and hand glowed in mystical energy forcing Yugi to undergo the transformation into Atem.