7- truth be told

In no way shape or form do I own or attempt to own anything from the Ghost Rider seriesand its characters and/or the Yugioh series and its characters. Please leave me your comments and reviews telling me what you think. Thanks!

7- truth be told

Doctor Strange drove Atem's hellcycle hard and fast through the pyramid putting as much distance he could between himself and the chasing demon horde. Suddenly a secret passage opened up before the sorcerer as he turned hard holding tightly onto the unconscious teen that laid in front of him. Doctor Strange drove into the passage as it closed behind him protecting its two occupants. Finally the hellcycle came to a stop transforming into an ordinary looking motorcycle. The sorcerer breathed a sigh of relief as he got a better look at the teen in front of him. The teen had spiked up tri-color with golden bangs, black back drop, and crimson trim. The teen looked no older than eighteen years old. In all of the years that he has been a sorcerer, Doctor Strange has heard stories about the spirit of vengeance but he never thought that he would actually meet one. Doctor Strange wanted to learn more about the teen and how he came into contact with the spirit of vengeance.

When Yugi awoke he felt so sore as his entire body felt like it had been hit by an eighteen wheeler semi truck at high speed. His head throbbed as it felt like a jackhammer was dancing across his brain. He noticed that he was in a well lit chamber. Yugi wanted to move despite his bodies protests.

"So you finally woke up. How are you feeling?" asked Doctor Strange.

"You honestly don't want to know." Yugi replied as he managed to get a better look at his surroundings. "Where on Earth are we?" Yugi asked.

"I am not certain. It seems like this secret chamber hasn't been discovered yet. So we should be safe here. I guess that I haven't fully introduced myself yet. My name is Merik Ishtar but most people know me as Doctor Strange." the sorcerer stated.

"Nice to meet you Merik, I am Yugi Moto. You have all ready meet the spirit of vengeance Atem." replied Yugi as he finally managed to sit up.

"Yugi may I ask how is it that you manage to come into contact with the spirit of vengeance?" Merik asked.

*Go ahead and tell him Yugi. Find out what you can learn about our mysterious new friend. I have a feeling that we are going to need each other's help.* Atem whispered mentally. Yugi told Merik the whole story from start to finish.

"We came to Egypt in order for me to find the answers that I needed to discover about Atem. So what's your story Merik?" Yugi asked as he realized that the young Egyptian was probably a little bit older or about the same age as him. Merik told his story to the teen telling Yugi that he was a brilliant young child progeny who became a doctor, that is where he earned his nickname which he now uses as a codename of Doctor Strange. While driving home late from a stressful day at work, Merik was in a terrible car accident where he lost the use of his hands. Merik had learned of a man whom could heal his hands as he went to find this man. When he found this person told Merik was destined to become the sorcerer supreme. After several months of intense training, Merik was handed the title that used to belong to the man he had found of the sorcerer supreme.

"I was summoned to Egypt to examine this pyramid. I know that somewhere within this crypt lies a necromancer. They are the one whom are summoning the demonic mummies. I can also sense strong dark magic here as well. It is strange though it feels familiar to the magic that Atem used." replied Merik. Yugi did admit that it did sound strange as it felt like his strength and power were returning back to him. Yugi slowly made it to his feet taking a look around.

*This place feels strangely familiar to me.* Yugi thought to himself as he walked over to the closest wall to read the hieroglyphics that were on the wall.