12- encounter with a vampire hunter

In no way shape or form do I own or attempt to own anything from the Ghost Rider seriesand its characters and/or the Yugioh series and its characters. Please leave me your comments and reviews telling me what you think. Thanks!

12- encounter with the vampire hunter

It took Yugi only several days to solve the mystic puzzle as it was the size of Yugi's fist. He made it into a keychain in order to keep it by him at all times. Slowly he was getting used to some of Atem's powers as he was grateful that he hasn't had any cravings for blood. At times when Yugi slept, he had dreams of when he was Atemu. Yugi could even begin to feel their bond becoming stronger but their body still hadn't become whole yet. Yugi wondered why his grandfather had Atem's puzzle as he knew that his grandfather had no idea of what the object actually was. Yugi hung the upside down pryamid puzzle on his key ring along with several keys that he had. Yugi had still no idea or clue of what power the mystic puzzle contained but he felt better always having it close to him.

A week had gone by as there had been news that there has been a number of vampiric type attacks happening all over Domino City.

*Damn that Blackout, hasn't he had enough blood to satisfy his hunger yet or is he trying to call me out?* Atem asked mentally. He didn't recieve any reply from his human host as Atem could feel that something was wrong. *Yugi are you all right?* asked Atem as he appeared in spirit form standing besides his host body. Yugi's face was extremely pale as his fangs lengthened and his eyes had specs of red in them. *This isn't good. Blackout's string of attacks is starting to affect you.* Atem snarled mentally as he had no choice but to take control over Yugi's body. It wasn't a complete transformation much like the time that they were in Hell's Kitchen. *Hang on Yugi, I am bringing us to Caretaker. I don't know how much longer you can hold out against this blood lust.* stated Atem as he bolted out the door towards his mystic motorcycle.

Atem drove quickly towards the local graveyard where Pegasus lived and worked at. Atem arrived within seconds almost crashing into several mausoleums unable to hold onto Yugi's form. He crawled towards Tea's gravestone as he could see Pegasus running over towards him.

"Atem what's wrong?" he asked in concern.

"Yugi....blood lust.....can't control....." Atem snarled before he was forced to give Yugi back control over his body.

"Help....us.....Pegasus...." Yugi moaned before he lost consciousness.

MEANWHILE....A white spikey long hair teen drove into Domino City as the most recent news reports had caught his attention. The teen was driving a blood red Harley Davidson motorcycle as he was dressed in skin tight black goth clothing. He wore a pair of Rayband sunglasses over his eyes. He stopped at a local newpaper stand picking up the current newpaper.

'The bloody body count continues to rise. Once again several victims have been found drained of all of their blood with two small puncture wounds found only on their necks. It is led to be the work of vampire. Some people believe that it maybe the work of the Dark Rider named Atem. But police are skeptical because the rider has never harmed any innocent people since he ahd first appeared. Police are seeking any information in order to catch and stop this killer.' he read. The goth dressed teen then turned to the store owner to pay for the paper.

"Anything else I can do for you today?" asked the owner.

"What can you tell me about this Dark Rider?" asked the goth teen.

"Some believe that he is a legend, an avenger for the innocent. It is led to belive that he only appears when innocent blood has been spilled. There is something definately strange about the rider as he looks like a ghost with a hair of fire and glowing red eye. I don't believe that he is the only killing people but rather somebody else." replied the owner. The goth teen thanked the owner as he then left the stand.