21- the opposing soul

In no way shape or form do I own or attempt to own anything from the Ghost Rider seriesand its characters and/or the Yugioh series and its characters. Please leave me your comments and reviews telling me what you think.  Thanks!

21- the opposing soul

The next day Yugi and Seto have worked together to clear any and all opposition that Seto had within his own company. It was by noon as Seto asked if it was all right for Roland to know Yugi's secret.

*Well Atem?* asked Yugi mentally.

*I see no problem with it Yugi considering how close you are with Punisher?* replied Atem.

*Thanks Atem.* replied Yugi. "Atem sees no problem in letting Roland know." Yugi told Seto as he was reading over some of paper work. "Hey Seto it seems that your company was in some kind of arrangement with Valentine Enterprises."

"Yeah, Mai's company was looking to buy mine. I had to fire my share holders when I learned about this. I didn't quite like my company being sold off just because of my brother's deaths, they felt that I was far too young to run a company. I guess that I proved them wrong." stated Seto. A cold chill ran up Yugi's spine as he felt like something was wrong. The medallion of power that was branded in thhe palm of his hand burned red hot. Suddenly an explosion ripped through the Kaiba Corp building. "What in the world?" Seto asked as he noticed that something was wrong with Yugi. "Yugi are you all right?" Seto asked in concern as another explosion ripped through the building. The blast seemed to rise up right from underneath Seto. Both Yugi and Atem reacted quickly as Yugi transformed into Atem, tackeling Seto as Aem's body protected him from the blast.

"Careful Punisher, it is coming." hissed Atem. Seto didn't ask what as he could clearly see Atem struggeling with himself. *Yugi please wait in the void. You are no match to face against what is coming.* Atem told him mentally. The teen didn't reply as he could sense it and did as Atem told him. Seto armed himself not sure of what was coming but he knew that he could trust Atem's judgement. Suddenly a being shot up that looked much like Atem except that this was a female whom wore a heart shaped gothic mask over her face. Her hair was white fire as she wore a skin tight red leather body suit. She pointed a long slender finger at both Atem and Seto.

"You two shall feel my wrath!" she snarled as she created a blast in the palm of her hands. She threw the blast at the two heroes as Atem threw Seto down to the ground as he took the bront of the blast. Atem had to get Seto out of there as neither one of them was a match for this tormented soul. (AN: a tourmented soul was the exact opposite of what Atem was.) There was only one way he could do battle against a tourmented soul but he knew that in Yugi's current condition, that his huam host body couldn't handle it. It was taking most of Atem's will and power to keep from feeling the effects that this being would cause him and his human host. Seto let out a few shots at the creaturee as he managed to break her off her mask. As Seto saw her face he recognized her instantly. It was Mai Valentine.

"Mai Valentine?" Seto questioned.

"Mai Valentine is no more. I am now HeartAttack!" she snapped back. Atem allowed his hellfire to blast out from his body to keep HeartAttack back as he could no longer handle the effects that this tourmented soul was causing him as he was forced to change back into Yugi Moto.

"Yugi!" Seto shouted out as he caught the teen before he collapsed. Suddenly behind Yugi and Seto appeared a magical doorway.

"Hurry this way!" stated Pegasus showing Seto the mystic symbol that was on his hand. Seto didn't ask any questions as he helped Yugi through the doorway. Both teens vanished before HeartAttack could recover from what Atem did.

Both teens were instantly teleported to the graveyard in which Caretaker lived.

"Dam it all this doesn't look good!" Pegasus stated before he slit his wrist feeding Yugi some of his blood. "Come on Yugi-boy open those pretty red eyes." stated Pegasus. Yugi drank Pegasus's blood slowly opening up his red eyes. He looked around as he feed realizing where he was. Yugi drank as much as he could from Pegasus before his tongue swept over the wound to heal it. Yugi slowly sat up as his eyes still glowed blood red. "Think you can spare a couple pints of blood...?" Pegasus began to ask as Seto took out his own knife slicing open his wrist feeding Yugi his own blood. Pegasus just shook his head. "Atem, I know that you can hear me in there. What happened back there?" Atem appeared in spirit form knowing that Pegasus could clearly see and hear Atem thanks to his mystic eye.

*A tourmented soul. Punisher seemed to recognize her.* Atem replied mentally. Pegasus turrned to Seto just as Yugi sealed up his wound.

"And you are?" Pegasus asked.

"Seto Kaiba, Punisher."

"Atem says that you recognized that tourmented soul that attacked you both." Pegasus stated.

"Yeah it was Mai Valentine. I heard thatt she was found dead with her throat ripped out while she was still in her office." replied Seto.

*That could be the reason why she felt familiar to me. Blackout had killed her. But who in the world would summon a tourmented soul?* Atem asked as it seemed that he had something in mind.

"Atemu what are youu planning?" Pegasus asked as he knew Atem full well.

*Caretaker I will need all seven mystic items in order to summon him.* replied Atem.

"Atemu are you crazy? You know full well how destructive his power is." stated Pegasus.

*But both you and I know that he is the only being whom is capable of saving that tourmented soul. Yugi is not ready to handle his power just yet. And besides I think that it is time that we learned the truth.* Atem stated. Pegasus let out a long sigh as he knew that the spirit of vengeance spoke the truth.

"All right then you know what you have to do." stated Pegasus.

*Yugi if you please.* Yugi didn't ask as he allowed Atem to do what he needed to do. Yugi transformed into Atem as he rose to his feet walking over to Pegasus as he placed one hand over the mystic eye. Atem said a few words in Egyptian as the eye began to glow. "There that should do it. Hurry Caretaker." Atem stated before he transformed back into Yugi. Pegasus simply nodded his head as he opened a doorway.

"What was that about" asked Seto as Yugi shrugged his shoulders not sure of what was going on. But it seemed that Atem had some sort of idea or plan in mind.

A few hours later, Pegasus had come back with all the remaining six allies. Pegasus's eye finally stopped glowing as now the seven were finally gathered together.

*Thank you Yugi. Its best if you waited in the void. I plan to save that woman. Even though she is the exact opposite of what I am. I can't allow anyone to use her soul in this way. You have already experienced what happens when we summon a god. I plan to summon the third god Obelisk the Tourmentor. He is the only capable of saving her.* stated Atem.

*That's why you needed the other items. You don't want to run the risk of the same thing happening.* Atem said nothing as Yugi gave the spirit of vengeance control.

"I assume that Caretaker has told you what was happening. I am going to have only one chance to save that tourmented soul. Which is why I need all of the mystic items. Punisher I need for you to act as bait." stated Atem. Once the plan was set the seven set out to stop HeartAttack.