Chapter 8

“Who’s Emily?” It came out of my mouth before I could stop myself. But I was curious. I looked up at Logan but he was still glaring at Evan. Neither of them were paying attention to me.

“Emily getting hurt wasn’t my fault and you know it!” Evan suddenly became very angry. He was clenching his fists and grinding his teeth and his cheeks were becoming red like he was holding his breath because he was so angry.

“Look Emily doesn’t matter any more she’s of the picture and now Violet is in it. So stay away from her!” Logan hissed. As they kept growling at each other I became more and more curious as to whom this Emily girl was. When Logan had finally had enough he took my hand gently and lead me back to the lift. I forced myself not to look back at Evan because then I’d feel bad.

I waited until the lift closed and looked up at Logan, he looked just as angry as Evan had looked. “Logan? Who is Emily?” I asked.

He let out a deep breath and closed his eyes. He looked really hurt. “She’s my old girlfriend.” He answered. It didn’t look like he was going to continue but I was really

Curious as to what she had meant to Evan.

“What happened? With Evan?” I asked nervously, hoping he wouldn’t think I was being too nosey. To be honest if there was a history of Evan being a psychopath I wanna know why Logan didn’t fire him the first time.

“It’s a long story but basically Evan took her out one night and got her drunk. He was driving her home and he crashed the car in to a tree. She was alright but after that she broke up with me. She went in to a deep depression and now she’s living in a mental institution.” I gulped. I’m sure there was more to it then that but that was the short version and it was horrible.

“Oh Logan that’s horrible…” I said quietly. He was still holding my hand, his grip was a little tighter now but I didn’t mind. He looked so sad when he talked about her. “I’m sorry.” I whispered, it was barely even audible but I know he heard it because he let go of my hand and put his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him. I leant my head on his shoulder and forgot about all his stupid mood swings and even the kiss. For now Logan just needed a friend.

We got back to the apartment and sat down on the couch and we talked about what exactly Evan had done. First of all he had been driving under the influence; he crashed his car with Emily inside. Luckily she was alright apart from a few bruises and a cracked rib. He had accused Logan of cheating among other things such as drug abuse. That’s why she had broken up wit him, because Evan had put all these horrible thoughts in to her head. I felt horrible that I once thought Evan was a good human being. After Emily broke up with Logan she became depressed and was diagnosed with schizophrenia which is why she is in the mental institution. I felt horrible that I had been so mean to Logan he truly was heart broken. He told me that Emily was the first person he ever loved.

“Logan I’m sorry I was so horrible to you … I didn’t know.” I felt like I needed to apologize for being such a bitch.

“Violet you don’t need to apologize it was a long time ago, but it’s why I didn’t want you around him.” He replied looking down at his shoes.

“If you told me that from the start things might have been easier.” I mumbled with a grin.

“So on to another subject … what do you feel like for dinner?” he asked he popped his

Head up and a smile spread across his face.

“Ooh … Thai?”

“Thai it is.” He grinned and grabbed my hand pulling me up from the couch and leading me to the door.

So we jumped in to his car, Logan driving because Evan wasn’t around anymore. “So ah … if you hated Evan so much why you did keep him on for so long?” I asked, curiously. He was Logan’s bodyguard and usually he drove him around.  If he caused so many problems and crashed his car drink driving I would have thought he would have lost his job.

“He was my friend once. I mean after everything that happened with Emily I sort of lost the trust we once had but I just couldn’t bring myself to get rid of him.” He answered as he stopped at the lights. I nodded my head and glanced at him, he was looking at me. “But anyway we’ve got a meeting with my mom tomorrow morning about a wedding venue tomorrow and then she wants to do dressing fittings again… apparently we are behind schedule.” He chuckled at the last past.

“Totally behind schedule … we don’t even love each other yet.” I giggle. Logan rolled his eyes and put his foot down on the accelerator when the lights changed green.

“We better get on that then …” he commented as he turned a corner to a dark street that I had never been down before. “Oh by the way … I was thinking last night. If we’re gonna live together for the rest of our lives we should get a house. Rather then a bachelor pad.” He said. This caught me off guard. Was he actually planning to give this whole arranged marriage thing a go? I was kidding when I said we don’t love each other … yet.

“Really?” I asked with a curious glance. He nodded his head and smiled genuinely at me. I smiled back, that was a really nice gesture. “That would be nice … but it’s not completely necessary.” I said as Logan parked out front of a small fancy looking Thai restaurant.

“Sure it is.” He said nodding his head. He got out of the car and walked around to my side and opened the door for me.

What is with this guy? He’s rude, he’s sad, he’s cute, he’s a great kisser, he has the worst mood swings and I think I kinda like it.