32. The oath of pain

Start from the beginning

I nodded and went back over to my teammates. It wasn't long before the puddle behind us started to bubble and three ninja flew out of it before sprinting towards us.

(A/N: I know it's actually two but just read and you'll see why I put three.)

They had large metal claw hands on their arms with thick chains attached to them and with quick examination I discovered that the claws were poisonous. The three enemy ninja shot out with their thick metal chains and wrapped them around Kakashi Sensei. They pulled hard and Kakashi Sensei was turned into a cloud of blood in front of our eyes.

Naruto and Sakura gasped but Sasuke and I remained silent. He's not dead, don't ask me how I know, I can just tell. I glanced at Sasuke and we both nodded, coming to an understanding. The three ninja raced towards us and we went into action. Sakura overcame her shock and pulled out a Kunai before standing in front of Tazuna as a way of protection. 

Sasuke raced forward and engaged into battle with two of the ninja as one raced towards me. I got my Kunai out and started making hand signs.

"Clone Jutsu!"

Two replicas of myself appeared and we raced towards the enemy. He lashed out at me with his chain and I dodged it as I sent a kick underneath his chin, making him fly in the air. I leapt up with him with my clones, and we infused Chakra into our feet as we sent a bone cracking kick to his ribs. He landed back on the ground with an almighty boom.

Shaking, the forest floor and sending up clouds of dirt. We went back to the ground and watched, surprised, as the ninja shot up from the ground and raced towards an immobilized Naruto. My eyes widened and, ignoring the ninja, I raced towards Naruto as fast as I could as the ninjas poisoned claw was outstretched.

"NARUTO!"

One of my clones made it in the nick of time and kicked the ninja away just as he was about to scratch Naruto. I sighed in relief and held up my Kunai as the ninja lashed out at me with his chain. I dodged again and threw my Kunai towards the chain as it got caught and stuck on the tree next to ones Sasuke had made. Panting heavily, Sasuke and I glanced at each other and he smirked.

"Not bad" he said nodding his head in approval.

I blushed from the complimentas there was a rustling from the nearby bush and we both held up our Kunai's. When Kakashi Sensei came from behind it, I wanted to pass out from relief.

"Kakashi Sensei" Sakura said, her eyes wide "you're alive!"

"So it would seem" he said nodding "Sasuke, Ruka, excellent job on taking care of those ninja, I'm very proud. Sakura, good job protecting the client, without him the mission is a fail. Naruto, I didn't expect you to freeze up like that, sorry about the hand by the way."

Hand....?

I hurriedly turned towards Naruto and saw he was staring down at his hand that had been cut by the ninja. I wasn't fast enough!? I thought....my eyes started to water.

"That poison is dangerous" Kakashi Sensei warned "best get it out of your system."

Naruto remained silent and stared down at his injury, I couldn't exactly make out the emotions he had.

"Hey" Sasuke said, making Naruto look up "you're not hurt are you....scardey cat."

He laughed and Naruto growled angrily as he suddenly pulled out a Kunai and stabbed his poisoned hand. We all fell silent and stared. Naruto....what are you....?

"I promise to never back down from a fight" he said firmly plunging the Kunai deeper in his hand "I promise to never run away or quit until I'm dead. I promise to become stronger so I can fulfill a promise I made. I put this on a oath of pain! Believe it!"

There was silence for a while. Then Kakashi Sensei had to rain on his parade.

"Naruto, that's nice and all" he said slowly "but if you leave your hand like that you're going to bleed to death."

Naruo blinked and slowly pulled the Kunai out of his hand.
5....
4....
3....
2....
1....

"NO WAY!" Naruto said starting to panic "I DON'T WANT TO DIE! I'M TOO YOUNG!"

Everyone except me laughed as Kakashi Sensei went over to treat Naruto's injury. However, I couldn't help but grin. I think....

....I fell in love with an idiot.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Me: Hey Guys! This chapter was super longer than usually if you didn't notice.

Naruto: I noticed, but who's My_Sonder ?

Me: Oh! That's a good friend of mine who's never in her life watched Naruto but she says 'I'm going to be Hokage! Believe it!'

Naruto: But that's my line...

Me: Shut up.

Ruka: Story_of_Fate13 doesn't own Naruto.

Me: Later guys!

Naruto: You're so mean to me.