17# Love Me Like You Do

Somg: Love Me Like You Do -Ellie Goulding.
Ian
"I am going to take a shower!" Chantal announced once we stepped back in our cabin as the lost puppy ran to me as if he was begging me to take him back to his parents.
"Okay. I am going to take this lost baby for a tour around; maybe I can find his family. Don't open the door for anyone." I called out.
"Alright!" She replied.
"C'mon, buddy." I sighed motionning for him to walk beside me. "There's no one here beside the old man in this shop." I told him or more to myself as I walked towards the shop with much eagerness with him walking beside me.
"Stay here, buddy. I'll be back." I motioned for him to sit down outside before I stepped inside to find the same old man that've been working here since I was six.
"Good evening."
"Good evening, good man." He smiled at me showing his missing teeth and wrinkles. "How may I help you?"
"Actually, I was asking if you know this dog. He's well trained and I'm sure that there was someone taking care of him before he ran off." I explained.
"There was, but not anymore." He sighed.
"Excuse me?"
"His owner died last week, and the poor thing can't find him anywhere."
"Oh.." I sighed. "What shall I do, now?"
"If it was up to me, I would've taken him in, but my wife is allergic-"
"I understand. I'll discuss the subject with my girlfriend, and then I may be able to take him home." I shrugged.
"That would be very nice of you." He smiled hopefully.
"Okay, thank you." I shook hands with him. "I hope to see you again, soon."
"It would be my pleasure. Bring your girlfriend, and I'll make a perfect dinner for us." He winked playfully making me laugh lightly.
"We will do it soon, then." I smiled.
"I'll be waiting. Goodbye." He smiled back as I stepped out to find the dog waiting patiently with me.
"C'mon, we need to go back home." I sighed as he followed me back.
Turning the key in it's hole, I pushed the door open letting him inside with me.
"Chantal, I'm back."
"I'm here, babe." She yelled from the room, and I walked over to find her styling her hair.
"What happened?" She asked when she saw me leaning against the doorframe with our little guest by my side.
"His owner died, and we have to save him." I sighed as she gasped.
"Oh, you poor thing." She sat on her knees running her hands through his fur.
"Is it okay with you if we took him in?" I questioned.
"Of course it is. He'll be my bestfriend from now on." She smiled.
"Good. Then, I'll go take a shower till you find him a name." I winked walking past her.
"Romeo."
"Yes, Julliet?" I teased.
"I'll call him Romeo. He looks very romantic. Just look at him!" She squealed wrapping her arms around him.
"Welcome to our little family, Romeo." I smiled at her as I kneeled next to them to play with Romeo.
"He needs a good shower after you finish, and I'll start preparing dinner till then." She smiled getting up.
"Okay." I nodded going to the bathroom.

"What do you think?" Chantal smiled impatiently as I took the first bite of salamon.
"Lovely." I nodded eagerly as I took another bite.
"Glad you like it." She grinned as Romeo approached us.
"Hey buddy." I smiled patting him on the back, but he ran away to stand in front of the door barking and howling.
"What's going on with him?" I frowned getting up.
"I think he misses his owner. He's been like that ever since you returned." Chantal sighed following me.
"It's raining outside. I can't open the door."
"Yeah, the weather is getting worse. I think we should return early before they close the roads."
"Let's wait till the sun rises. It's too dark now." I dismissed bending down to ruffle his hair.
"That poor thing, he must be really depressed." Chantal pouted sitting beside me on the floor.
Turning my head to the side, I smiled at her.
"What?"
"He'll be happier from now on. We're a family-" I paused leaning closer to her ear. "I'm the father and you're the mother." I breathed.
"We'll do our best." She smiled turning to me.
"We'll do it." I agreed wrapping my arm around her pulling her closer to my chest as Romeo continued to wander around us in frustration.