5# I Dreamed A Dream

Song: I Dreamed A Dream- Anne Hathaway.
Chantal
"Thanks for everything. I really appreciate what you're doing to me."
"Oh darling, it's nothing that you need to thank us about." Olivia, Ian's mother, smiled patting my hand.
"I'm going out." Cory stood up.
"Where to?" Ian turned to him.
"Man, I want to see my girl." He blushed as Ian chuckled.
"You have school in the morning. Don't be too late." His mother warned.
"I won't, mum."
"Get her a flower." She whispered in his ear but loud enough for us to hear. "Alright." He said quietly standing back straight.
"Bye, guys!"
"Bye!" Ian and I waved at him.
"I'll go to bed. Excuse me." His mother smiled to me.
"I'll be back- just a second." Ian whispered to me following her inside.
Getting up, I leaned against the wall as I cleaned the table. It was slow, but at least, it was worth it.
There's a picture on the wall that dragged my attention. It's Ian carrying a girl and both of them were giggling.
"Sorry for making you wait." His voice dragged my attention.
"It's okay, I like the picture." I smiled. "Is this your girlfriend?"
"Yeah, I mean no-" He took a deep breath, "She passed away."
"Oh, I'm sorry." I whispered.
"It's fine." He smiled faintly. "Wanna sit it the living room or go to bed?"
"I'm really tired, so I'll just go to bed." I shrugged.
"Okay, take these." He handed me a pile of clothes. "They're all clean. You can sleep in them. I know that you don't have any clothes to sleep in."
"Ian, thank you." I sighed taking them from him.
"Call me if you needed anything."
"Okay, bye."
"Do you need help to get there?"
"No, it's fine." I smiled. "Good night."
"Night." He said from behind me as I made my way to my room.
It's a small room, but a cozy one. I feel safe here when I'm near Ian. I don't know if that sounds weird, but how can I not trust the only person who saved me?
The sound of the door creaking dragged my attention, but I was too worn out to open my eyes. Then, I heard the sound of something shattering then a loud "shit!".
What's going on?
"Nothing, babe, I'm just here. Watching you." Damon's voice filled the room, and my eyes flew open.
"What are you doing here?" I whispered trying to wiggle out from under him.
"I'm here to take you, babe. I'll take you forever. No one will touch you- ever."
"Ian!" I cried out.
"Baby, that asshole won't save you."
"He already did! He will always help me. He's a man unlike you!" I screamed when he pulled my hair back.
"Let's see how's that man, then." He smirked dragging me outside and down the hall to Ian's room. The door was slightly opened. Peeking inside, my eyes fell on Ian who was on his bed convered in blood.
"No!!" I screamed sitting up.
Everything seemed so real, and my head hurts. Some of my hairs were even on the sheets from Damon's tugging.
Oh my God.
Scurrying out, I ran to Ian's room to find his door opened just like it was earlier.
"Ian!" I screamed when I saw his body not moving. "Ian, talk to me!" I pulled him up by the shirt making his eyes flow open.
"What's wrong?" His eyes widened as I fell on my knees sobbing. This isn't fair. "Chantal, answer me."
"Damon is alive, Ian. I saw him." I sobbed as he pulled me up to sit on the bed.
"Drink this and calm down so that I can understand what's going on." His voice was hoarse as he handed me a glass of water.
Just as I held the glass of water, the sound of door creaking became clear, and then-
"Did you hear that?" I whispered as the tears rose to my eyes.
"Calm down. It must be Cory!" He shrugged getting up to walk out.
"No, it's not." I shook my head holding his arm.
"Chantal, you're acting really weird, now. Let me see what happened." He glared at me before walking out with me sneaking behind him.
"Cory!" Ian's voice was loud.
"Sorry, br- It looks like I cut something." He smiled eyeing me.
"You drank, right?" Ian ignored his comment.
"Well-"
"If someone caught you, I would've left you with the cops for a while. I already warned you." Rolling his eyes, Cory nodded. "Clean your mess." Ian motioned for the shattered vase.
"It looks like I won't be able to sleep. Coffee?" Ian questioned, and I nodded shakily.

"I still can't understand what happened."
"Forget about it. I'm still shaken by what happened. Sorry for waking you up again." I sighed placing my mug on the counter.
"I'm used to get up for emergencies, it's no problem. Do you want to see a doctor or something?"
"I'm not sick." I huffed.
"No, I mean, concerning your leg."
"No, it's fine." I shrugged.
"I'll talk to a friend to see what happened with Damon, again, but as much as I know, he's dead."
"Who's dead?" Cory stepped in from behind Ian.
"Glad you're awake." Ian shook his head.
"Yeah, I just took a couple of shots."
"You're still underage. It's not even manly to get drunk when you're with a girl!" Ian rolled his eyes.
"I wasn't drunk for God's sake!"
"Whatever. You scared Miss Chantal."
"Yeah, sorry." Cory cleared his throat.
"It's no problem. I just get scared pretty quick." I smiled.
"Make breakfast till we get ready." Ian ruffled his brother's hair as we both got up.
"It's your turn."
"We have to go meet some people, so we have no time. You can consider it an extra chore for breaking the law." Ian smirked making me laugh lightly.
"Fine!" Rolling his eyes, Cory went to wash his hands as we walked out.
Walking back to my room, I put on my outfit from yesterday. I must get something to change into today.
"Breakfast's ready." Cory's voice filled the whole place.
"Miss Chantal, breakfast is ready." He knocked on the main door.
"Coming!" I yelled pulling my hair into a high ponytail.