>>>>>

Standing in front of my closet in only my undergarments, makes me feel like a classic girl. Hating all her outfits and feeling like I have nothing I can wear out- when in reality I have a closet filled with outfits.

With twenty minutes left, and the knowledge that I'll be late... I finally pick one.

It's a sleeveless light-weight fabric, high- low ruffled red dress. (Dress idea from American Horror Story: Coven- Madison Montgomery's red dress.) 

I pair some open toe, red heels with it. And curl my hair. I keep my make up simple, with my red lip stick as the only bright color on my face.

There's a knock on my door and I know right away it's him. I look at my phone and see that yep, I'm late.

"It's open!" I yell a bit too loud.

I'm putting on a small silver bracelet and trying to find my red clutch to match, when Theo walks in.

"Wow." I hear him say. I'm not even facing him and I know what his face looks like right now.

I turn to see him in a sleek black suit. "Wow yourself." I say and smile, going to turn the light in my bathroom off before we leave.

Over the past months that I've been with Theo, my self- esteem has grown. I've gotten way more comfortable with him and in my own skin. Happy with how I look. There are still days where I hate how I look, but everyone has days like that.

"Ready to go?" He asks and I nod, checking my purse making sure I have everything I may need.

The drive over is a nice comfortable quiet one, and we arrive within twenty minutes.

Theo leads me over to an elevator because apparently we're eating on the top floor. He says it has one of the best views, and that it's beautiful. To be honest, this whole place is beautiful and extravagant. So I can only picture what the top floor looks like.

We get off the elevator and get to our table. The whole place has lights strung everywhere, giving a nice amount of light but still keeping it rustically dim. We're seated by large glass windows, giving a whole view of the world below.

"You were right about the view." I say and he chuckles.

"Yeah. I like it especially at night with all the lights below against the dark sky." Theo describes looking out the glass.

"How many girls have you brought here?" I ask randomly as we get our drinks. Theo sighs.

"Does it matter?" He asks, obviously not wanting to answer. "No it doesn't matter. I just wanted to know." I say.

He laughs nervously. "One." Theo answers and I can't tell if he's lying or not.

"Really?" I ask, getting a nod in return. "Yep. She was the only girl I brought here.. Because I thought she was the only girl I'd be with." Theo says, and I know for sure that he's being honest. Because it's still somewhat rare for him to open up about things like this to me.

"Oh." I say not really knowing what to say.

"We were together for eight years, eight years." Theo says and I think my eyes bulge a bit.

"I thought she was the one you know... that she'd be the woman I'd be proposing to." He adds and I can see that there's still pain there.

"But it ended. And I have to move on, I mean I have. It's just--" Theo starts to stutter and get that nervous laugh again.

"Hey." I say reaching across the table to hold his hand in mine.

"It's hard." Are the only words I say, because I don't need to say more to let him know that I understand. That I get it.

"Another reason I asked you here tonight was because I had something to ask you." Theo says, and my stomach blossoms with butterflies.

Please don't get down on one knee... Is the only thing going through my mind right now.

"I was wondering if you'd want to come meet my family over winter break?" Theo asks, and I wasn't prepared for that.

"Um... I... Uh.." Now it's me stuttering.

"You can say no." Theo says laughing at my nervousness. I shake my head. "No, No. I want to. I want to meet your family. It's just.. I'm surprised you want to have them meet me." I reply.

"Why?" "Because I'm nothing special. And you just finished telling me you were with someone for eight years, and you want your family to meet a girl you've been with for what? Four, five months. And plus I'm one of your students... it's just... I don't even know!" I blabber and he's laughing again.

"Stop that." I joke stopping lightly on his foot, remembering that I have heels on.

"Sorry. And they'd love to meet you and I know they'll like you. For sure." He assures me.

"And Shai, whatever I say about my past relationships, don't let it affect this one. Because this relationship here is real, and amazing. And it's here in the present." Theo says and I blush.

"Thank you." Is all I can truly say.