Chapter 5 {{~Is It Love?~}}

Start from the beginning

I went to the door and checked if she had locked it, nope, she didn’t. I sighed again; I’m the one that’s going to look after her.

When I’m done with the trouble at school I’ll help my mom with her drinking problems. 

I better take a shower now I thought when I saw the sun rising over the horizon.

Grabbing a towel and some clothes, I undressed in the bathroom and took a long, hot shower and it felt great, thinking about the dream that I had the whole time.

About Josh and all the stuff he said, I wonder if he really means it.

No wait...it was a dream so he never said it.

'I love you too Josh' I suddenly heard myself call out in my mind.

At the same time a small blush crept up my cheeks, do I really like Josh like that? Only because he was once nice to me once?

When I came out the shower I decided to forget the dream, I mean it was just a dream it wasn’t real so no real feelings either...

I did my hair and got dressed, wen I was done I went to the kitchen.

*

Benjy barked happily when he came into the kitchen.

"Heey Ben! Had a nice sleep?" I asked picking him up and hugging him like usual.

He suddenly squealed and then I remembered that he hurt his paw, and I felt a tinge of guilt in my stomach.

"Sorry, forgot about that, we will go to the vets later when school is over." I promised and kissed his forehead.

He licked my face as forgiveness.

When I was ready for school, I saw Benjy was already waiting at the door for me.

We performed our daily routine and it was hard again to ignore his puppy eyes. I don’t know how, but I did it.

On my way to school I grew nervous again, but that vanished away when I remembered what Josh had said to me.

Will he really protect me? How? Should I really trust him?

All kinds of questions were in my head and they faded away when I arrived, standing by the door of the school building.

I swallowed, doing my breathing exercises to calm me down.

You can do it Mich! I tried to support myself, but it didn’t really helped much.

When I finally had enough courage, I opened the door after what felt like 10 minutes of just standing there, and then I searched the hall for the twins.

Coast clear!

I power walked straight to my locker, still looking around nervously every now and then expecting them to show up at any moment.

I opened my locker fast and took the books I needed for today.

Why am I always so early at school...it's so annoying because now I have to wait until the bell rings.

I decided to hide in the girl’s bathroom but while I was on my way someone roughly grabbed onto my arm.

Then my eyes locked with Cameron's, fear came creeping around. Why was he always so damn early too?

I turned my head within a second to the side and tried to get free from his grip. 

But it failed as always.

He pulled me closer to him and whispered into my ears,

"Look Mich, we need to talk, I won’t hurt you, and I just need to talk to you."