"I don't know, mom.."

"Are you dating anyone?"

Kinda.. "No. I live here alone and very single."

"Okay.. Sooo.." Mom wipes her mouth off. "How's work? Who've you interview lately?"

I pause and look at her. "Just Jimmy Fallon.. But that was a month ago. I passed off my Trump interview to Curtis the other day."

"Spencer! You love Jimmy! How was it, baby? Was he just as cute in person? Is he the same in person? He's a sweetheart, huh? What's he smell like?" Told you mom's insane!

"He's exactly what you see on TV and he smells like strawberries and boy. But a good boy. He's just as cute in person and yeah, he's a sweetheart."

"Too bad you couldn't date him.. I think you two would be so cute together!" Do tell more!

"Yeah.. Too bad." I gather moms empty dishes and kiss her cheek. "Thanks for dinner though, mama. I appreciate it."

She grabs my arm and hugs me. "No need to thank you mother.." She pats my stomach and butt. "But you're welcome." She looks at my zip up hoodie and back up to my face. "What's that?" She points to my tank.

"What's what?" I quickly walk to the dishwasher and place our dishes inside.

"This.." My zipper starts to unzip down my torso. "Spencer!!" Mom slaps my arm. "You have a damn hickey! You are seeing someone!"

My chin meets my chest once I look down. "It's a bruise!" I block her arm away. "I tripped over a shoe and almost face planted it on the counters corner. I could've broke my nose and knocked my teeth out, and you're more concerned about a bruise being a hickey.."

"Right next to your boob?"

"Yes! I just told you what happened."

"Are you telling me the truth?" Her eyes narrow at me.

No, not even close.. Because it is a hickey from last night with Jimmy. "Yes, why would I lie over that? And plus if it was a hickey, why would you care?"

"I don't know. I just think they're gross."

"It's a bruise." I zip my zipper back up and head back to my couch.

"Your phone." Mom hands my dinging phone over.

'Thursday night :) got it!' I smile at my screen.

"Oh! That's a boy smile." She pinches my cheek. "Who is it?"

Ugh. I turn back to her. "No one. Just an old friend."

"An old boy friend?" She winks.

"No, mom, it's a girl. We use to have a few classes together in college and she found something that made us laugh. It's nothing."

"Alright.." She lays a blanket over her legs. "What are you in the mood to do?"

I shrug. "I don't know. Whatever's fine with me."

"So much like her father.." Mom sighs and finds something to watch. "Godfather?"

"Sure." I scoot to the far end for leg room. "Mama, I love you."