Chapter 43

*Rohan Pov*

I just sat there staring at the wall after she left thinking about what I had just done. Did she really leave me?

However, this is what I wanted right like she has a chance to choose properly before I could say or do something, which can change her thoughts.

What if she decides not to come back to me and thinks that it is better to not be married to me? I know she didn't like the person I was when she didn't remember me, and I can't let her tie to me only because she fell for me before.

We both will live a full life of regrets if we continue like this not giving any thought to all the questions, which will arise for every single moment of our life.

She already had to fight for her life and then the crazy stalking just because of my family, and she would have been safe if it isn't for them.

I still can't believe that they did all these things even after having a talk with my step-brother.

"Why did you do it?" I asked him standing on the outside of his cell.

"For money!" he replied shrugging.

"You want to kill a person just for money?" I asked him shaking my head.

"No! At first, we thought we would get the money easily without any work, and we haven't interfered in your life, but my girlfriend decided to work there to let us know if there is a chance that you are dating." He replied looking directly into my eyes.

"We had a wonderful life living with a luxurious lifestyle, but then you just revealed that you are going to get married. Then we all started trying to separate you, but then we may have left you alone after our plans failed. But..." he trailed off making me frown.

"But what?" I asked, wanting to know everything.

"But we were already in debts, and it is not possible to clear them until we get that money. So it is either do or die, and we decided to kill." He replied, walking more inside the cell away from me.

"You should have just asked me." I mumbled, walking away and left the police station.

I shook my head and got up from the chair when I remembered that she must have left alone without informing the driver.

I walked outside the room calling the watchman to ask him how she left so that I can be relieved, or I just need to follow her right now until she reaches her home safe.

"Hello! How did she leave?" I asked him looking at the door to see that it is completely locked.

"What, sir?" He asked in confusion and before I could reply, I heard a sound coming from my right and turned to see the reason behind it.

"What are you doing here?" I asked the person I was seeing in front of me.

"I am working here, Sir?" The watchmen answered from the phone, making me frown at it and I just hung up.

"I am swimming." She said, shrugging and I just frowned, walking towards the fridge where she is taking out something.

"I thought you left." I mumbled frowning, but inside, I am feeling so much relief that she didn't just walk away.

"Do you want me to?" she asked raising her eyebrow.

Nonetheless, before I could reply, she continued saying, "I can if you want that from me, but let me tell you I can be back without you knowing as I have some secrets too."

"Why?" I asked her closing the door when she again started doing some work.

"Because you told your part, and I am glad that you are being honest, but I am not going away. You are my husband, and I am your wife." She replied, shrugging before trying to open the fridge.