Chapter 17

*Satvi Pov*

"When will you return home?" I so want to ask him this question, but I know he will get suspicious and this is so not me asking about his timings.

I kept quiet until he walked towards the main door, and I couldn't help myself without shouting "Don't forget to lock properly."

After those words were uttered by me, I so wish to take them back after watching him turning to look at me with narrow eyes.

"What are you up to?" He asked frowning.

"Nothing!" I replied with assurance.

"Don't do something which you are not asked to." He said before walking out and even locked the door.

I am not doing anything because I already did half of it yesterday when you went to the office, my dear husband. It felt like déjà vu jumping outside from the bathroom window and that too on Monday, but thank god I took another route and not the last one to go outside.

Even bigger thanks to god as he don't know about my stunt, and I get to go back to the house soon before his return. I glanced at the clock and saw that it is time to get the information for which I am going to pay a lot.

I already talked to that guy and got him around to accept my begging. It was quite tough and even threatening as we can't forget the fact that he is police even though a constable.

Walking towards the bedroom, I unlocked it and rushed towards the washroom after closing the door properly. I took a deep breath and jumped through the window.

"Satvi! You should jump from here and go outside." I talked to myself.

"See, Rohan! I am not going to do something which I am not asked to." I said, smiling before jumping down, but with no wounds this time as I have even made the fence properly by which it can't scrap me.

I rushed towards the new small space I found out yesterday, which will be safer than the gate and rushed outside. I walked towards the bus stop, enjoying looking around like yesterday.

I don't want to waste the money, so I am using the bus as a transport. I am already going to lose half of it to this constable.

"If you had got here, even a little late Madam, then I would have to hide this again." He said when I walked to the backside of the station like he asked me yesterday.

"Did you get it?" I asked him and he nodded, putting the file in front of us which he hid behind him.

"Thank god!" I thought and immediately opened the file to see the name Swetha Choksi and even saw her photo.

Nevertheless, my name is not there making me frown more, but then I moved the papers and suddenly saw a crushed black car with the name plate which I remember clearly.

That day while going to the hotel for Karthik's birthday, I bent to take the phone call still driving as I didn't see any vehicle in front of me, but then I suddenly saw a black car, and I am kind of sure that the nameplate is the same. But after hitting my head, I don't know anything else, and I don't even remember.

I closed my mouth and literally stopped breathing, reading about the incident. The description of the car with which the accident happened too resemble my old car, but my name is not here and not even pictures too.

"Why didn't you guys arrested the girl?" I asked frowning at him.

"I don't know! Our inspector, Mr.Shankar closed the case I guess." He replied showing the top of the file where it is written closed.

"How can you not know about this?" I asked frowning.

"I am not a bad constable, but I recently got transferred here and in need of money, so I am doing it, but I don't know about this case." He replied, and I nodded looking at Swetha's photo again and again.