Chapter 3

*Satvi Pov*

"Good morning!" I said cheerfully climbing down the stairs.

I saw that Karthik is at the dining table, and I smiled at him before taking a chair beside him. Dad smiled and then said, "Did you have enough rest?"

"Yeah! I still have the headache, but I am just trying to ignore it. I saw that my alarm is not set so I got up late." I replied pouring myself water.

"Breakfast is ready." Leela said smiling entering the dining room but her smile left the face for a few minutes, and then again, she smiled.

I frowned but brushed off before smiling at her back. She placed the bowl on the dining table before sitting beside Dad.

"I am feeling so hungry." I said and saw that it looks really yummy.

"Where did you learn to cook, Leela? It is so delicious." I said, sighing in content.

"Of course Karthik..." She trailed off immediately and silence embraced us.

"So you learned everything from me to teach my sister. I don't know how you both bared each other. I hope there were no accidents in the kitchen at that time." I said jokingly after a few minutes not wanting to affect the time I missed showing itself in front of me.

"Yeah!" they three mumbled awkwardly.

I didn't stress them to explain the awkwardness because I fear to even know anything from them. I need to prepare myself again, which I already did before coming downstairs, but I should try again.

"So, are you getting late for college?" I asked her, hoping to make some conversation.

"I stopped going to college last year, and I am studying now privately." She replied when Dad and Karthik tried to pass the question.

I choked on my food but controlled it after drinking some water. I slowly nodded and asked, "Why?"

"I am helping dad in the business as much as I can along with Karthik. It is now really solid with three of us. I know you must be angry with me for giving up study..." She started saying, but I cut her off shaking my head.

"I am not angry, dear. Why would I be? If you are delighted with this decision, then who am I to say anything to you? You are major, and you can do anything you wish." I said smiling at her.

"You are not joking, right? You always push me not to take my studies as a joke." She said frowning.

"Yes! Because you have something to do better with it as you are studying. Now if you know what you want to do in life, I would say to do your best with it. I really don't have any say in it, and I will be with every decision of yours as you are my little sister after all." I said smiling at her.

"Oh Satvi!" she said and before I scold her again like every time for calling me by my name, she got up and rushed towards me.

"I missed you." She said hugging me, and tears burned in my eyes while hugging her back.

"I missed you so much this whole year." She said sobbing.

"Shh... now I am here right? Don't cry." I said, brushing her tears away with my good hand.

She nodded smiling and went back to her place. I glanced at Dad and saw that he is brushing his tears away.

"Please! I really hate these tears ok. So stop this opera right now." I said and they three laughed.

I felt like I didn't miss the year with them at all. It was how we were every time and there are no changes to that. I smiled with satisfaction with a hope that I can get back to my life.