Chapter 12

*Satvi Pov*

"Why did you lie, Leela?" I heard all too familiar voice of my best friend or shall I say not so sure friend after the events that happened recently.

"What shall I say then? That my husband who is also her so-called best friend passed that information?" I heard Leela asking him with complete sarcasm.

I leaned on the wall near the window and closed my eyes, feeling a severe headache on my way. So my little sister actually covered for her husband.

"Can't you forgive me, Leela?" Karthik pleaded with her.

"How can I do that, Karthik? I told you her plan as my husband, and I would have not if I know what you are going to do." Leela said, and I can imagine her shaking the head slowly.

"Why does she always be the reason for our fights?" Karthik said with so much anger that I fisted my hands to stop myself from beating the hell out of him, entering the house.

"Don't you dare to say anything about my sister. It is my mistake to hide everything from both of you and also for stealing her love from her." Leela mumbled with regret.

"But I never saw her with that feeling, Leela. So even if she proposed, or even if you tell me regarding that I would have not accepted it. And why are we even talking about the past?" He asked her.

"You are the one who is doing all the stupid things." Leela spatted at him.

"Did you listen to what she just told me? He locked her in that house. I don't want her to go through that life." she added, and I felt at least a little fine to know that no matter what an outsider does my sister is with me.

"I did it for us, Leela. Tell me one thing, but with complete honesty. Did you or did you not feel sad when she said she likes me that day?" He asked and then I remember those words from me when my dad asked about my marriage.

However, how can he think that I am at fault, when I don't even know about their marriage? I am seriously in a mood to question our whole friendship.

"I don't care what happened and what did not happen. But you really acted like a selfish guy, Karthik." Leela said, and I can feel her stand shake a little.

"I care for her too, Leela. She is my best friend and will always be. I know her so much that I am sure she can take care of the situation by herself." Karthik said with so much confidence that I seriously want to scream at the top of my lungs right now.

I just continued to stand there for a few more minutes with nothing but confusion in my mind. Now should I get angry with both or should brush away that when I can see that they care for me too.

It feels like I have two ways in front of me, and I don't know which one to even take. But one thing I know is I will never come in front of them again and cause some other problem in their marriage.

I sighed and started walking towards the gate with nothing but both people's words running inside my head. I don't know why, but everywhere I go, I was feeling nothing but confusion.

I shook my head and walked outside to see the mad man's car with the passenger door opened. I calmly sat inside and closed the door before leaning on the window.

Not a single word left my mouth, and I didn't hear one from him. He calmly drove while I calmly thought about Karthik's words again along with Leela's.

I got out of the car without uttering a single word when he stopped at the garage, which is on the side of the main door. Surprisingly, when I opened the door, I saw that the main door is unlocked making me frown a little.

I flopped on the couch and waited for his lecture or scolding or anything he will give me right now. What I don't understand is, how did he get to know about my escape so soon?

Well, I am sure he will explain that after the barking session. He calmly walked inside and sat beside me making me shift a little away from him.

"I know today I did a mistake by leaving the main door open, but it will not happen again." he said in his as usual cold voice, but my words got stuck when I heard them.

Does this means he doesn't know about the bathroom window? Does that mean I have so much chance to escape again?

Nevertheless, that also means I got myself scraped unnecessarily when I could have escaped even more easily. I can't escape right now no matter what because I am sure, he will have so much strict eye on me for a few days.

"Ok!" I mumbled and he suddenly looked at me little surprised.

"What? Do you really think I can escape again after knowing that your little spy is none other than my stupid best friend? Actually, I will give a slight correction. My ex-best friend!" I said fisting my hands.

"So you finally got to know about that?" he asked, smirking and not the shock which I expected to be seen on his face.

"Yeah! But tell me who told you about my escape this time?" I asked him curiously.

"After leaving for the company, I remember not locking the door with my mind on something else. So I immediately returned to only get a big empty house as half surprise." He replied with a hard expression.

"Anyway, I am a bit hungry. So I will go and cook some lunch." I said, getting up to escape from his anger which I can see surfacing on his face.

Nonetheless, before I could take a step away, I felt him holding my wrist stopping me. I gulped half expecting it, but not him pulling me completely on him making my eyes go big wide.

"I am not letting this pass, Satvi. You will not do this type of stunt again, and I will think about the punishment for this soon." He said tightening his grip on my hand.

"I am not a kid!" I said with gritted teeth ignoring his stare.

"Then stop behaving like one. You can never escape from me, and I will do everything possible to find you. Just remember that I will really do anything." He said, stressing that 'anything' word.

"I am hungry." I said pushing on his chest with my free hand and moved back, rubbing the place where he just held me until now.

I threw a long glare before walking in the kitchen, and then I heard the loud closing of the main door. I shrugged and prepared a little lunch for me.

After having lunch, I tended to my wounds and wore a type of dress by which they can't be seen at all.

In the evening, he actually returned very late. So we sat for dinner immediately without saying any single word to each other.

He walked into our room, while I cleaned the dishes and joined him after a few minutes. I sat on the bed, leaning against the headboard with a frown while he is getting freshened up inside the washroom.

When he returned and sat beside me preparing to sleep, I calmly asked, "Tell me about your wife."

"What?" he asked, completely stunned.

"Tell me about your wife. The love which was taken away from you because of me as per your views one year back." I replied.

He looked at me suspiciously after a few minutes, but I gazed back at him with determination and with a curiosity to know about that wife of his who must be an angel to be able to love this man sitting beside me.

"I don't have any inner motive in this. And you need not to say anything big or so much. Just a tiny little bit about her. Like, how about... what she thinks about you?" I asked him again and stared at him waiting for him to answer the question regarding which I am seriously curious.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

surprise, surprise... so it is really karthik who did it... I dont want another bad sister ok ;)

By the way, i have decided to start one shots for all the stories... it is "Everything!!!(one shots)". i still didnt start my first one shot but tell me your views regarding that in that book....

How is the chap guys??

comment plz and vote....