When Harry met Sofie - Chapter 38

Chapter 38

"I SWEAR TO FUCKING GOD, IF YOU DONT GET ME SOME ICE... I'LL KILL YOU BEFORE YOU SEE TOMORROW." I scream at some random nurse that looks at me like I'm crazy when I ask for a cup of ice. Um, hello, have you NOT seen a pregnant women chew on ice when she is in labor? GET A CLUE.

Harry still isnt here. I've been in this God forsaken hospital with this weird ass nurses for ten minutes and my stupid ass finacee has yet to show up. What an idiot he is! Here I am, in labor with his kids, and where the hell is he? Nowhere around here obviously!

Someone lays a cool rag on my head and I look up to see Cole, the young boy from the ambulance. Yeah, I forced him to stay until Harry comes because I'll be damned if I dont have someone to inflict pain on when these stupid contractions come along. Cole smiles sympathetically and offers his hands, which I gladly take and begin squeezing the life out of it. All the while, I curse Harry to hell for not being here for any of this. When I pictured giving birth to my babies, I sure as hell didnt picture having some random EMT that pisses me off in the room instead of Harry!

A nurse burst through the doors along with what looks like a doctor behind her. "Here is your ice, Ms. Bastelli." She hands me a cup. I automatically scoop up a piece and shove it into my mouth, instantly calming at the coolness of the ice. The nurse scurries out of the room as the doctor looks over all of the machines I am hooked up too and I happily chew on my ice.

"Well, Sofie. Your vitals look good, the babies look good and ready to come out. Are you ready to push?" My eyes widen at his words. Push? PUSH?! He's got to be kidding me. I am not fucking pushing these babies out without Harry here! Is he stupid?

I roll my eyes and cross my arms over my chest, chumping a piece of ice as I reply. "No."

"No?"

"No."

"What?"

"No."

"I'm sorry? Are you refusing to push your children out?" He looked at me bewildered.

"Yes."

"Why?!"

I shrug. "I'm not doing it without Har-" I throw my ice and listen as it clatters to the floor noisely.

"MOTHER OF A FUCKING BITCH." I scream as another contraction. The doctors hand is closer than Cole's so I grab his hands and crush it inbetween both of my hands. "I HATE HIM SO MUCH FOR DOING THIS TO ME. ISNT THERE SOME KIND OF LAW ABOUT A PRINCE KNOCKING UP AN AMERICAN? ARREST HIM FOR IT, DAMNIT!" I scream at the top of my lungs as the pain intensifies.

I'm going to kill Harry. With my bare hands. With witnesses. I dont even care anymore.

*** HARRY'S POV ***

Running down the hallway I spot a nurses station, I stop there and look at an elderly nurse who by the looks of it, I've startled. "Where is Sofie Bastelli's room?" I all but yelled at her. Her eyes widen at me in realization of who I am and she hurriedly looks up Sofie's room in her computer.

"3rd floor, 314. Good luck dear!" She called after me as I was already running for the stairs, not having the patience for the elevator. Sofie is having the babies... I'm going to be a daddy! Holy shit. I'm about to have kids. Not just one, two! I'm going to be a parent. Oh fuck. I dont think I'm ready for this.

I run the entire three sets of stairs then frantically shove through the door of the third floor and bolt for room 314. Nurses, doctors, patients and visitors look at me like I am a mad man. But when they see the direction I am headed for labeled "LABOR" they give me encouraging smiles. I really dont think anyone besides the elderly nurses realized who I was. Right now, I am thankful for that.