When Harry met Sofie - Chapter 34

Chapter 34

**HARRY'S POV**

Sofie blacked out. She blacked out in the ambulance. Before we got to the hospital. And during another labor pain. The men inside of the ambulance freaked out and sent me to sit in the front seat so that they would work on her without me screaming and asking if she is okay. When we arrived at the hospital, no one from my family or Sofie's was here yet. A doctor and a few nurses rushed right over to Sofie and ushered her into a big room, where I wasnt allowed to follow. I was forced to sit in the waiting room, silently freaking out while other waiters and nurses oogle over me. Twenty minutes later, no one had yet to tell me anything about Sofie, but my brother was here finally. Kate came running over to me and pulled me into a tight hug.

"Whats going on, Harry? Are the babies and Sofie alright?" She asked when she finally pulled away. I pick up a hand to run through my hand, noticing that my hands were shaking. I ignore this and just shove them into my pockets, its just a nervous tick.

When I look at Kate I notice she is wearing sweat pants and a hoodie with her hair in a pony tail. I dont think I have ever seen Kate like this, so she must really think Sofie is important to come out in public dressed this way. "I-I dont know. When we got here, Sofie had blacked out and a bunch of nurses and a doctor took her away..." I tell her.

Will comes over to me and hugs me for a moment before ushering me back into a chair. "Kate, stay with him please. I'm going to go talk to some nurses." But just as he speaks the words I see a doctor in scrubs, looking tired and weak, walking towards the waiting room. As I watch him, I note that two other people are looking at him in hopes they have some news for them, just as I am. When the doctor stops in front of me, the others shrink back into there seats and look away to give us privacy.

I stand and look at the doctor. "Please tell me Sofie is okay..." I semi-whisper. I am so vulenrable right now, and its all because of Sofie. She makes me weak, but I'm glad she does. I'd do anything for her, I love her with everything in me. I'd shatter to a million pieces without her... I haven't felt this horrible since my mom died....

"Sofie is okay." The doctor nods and I sigh in relief. Thank god. I'd be lost without her. "Harry, I'm afraid I have some bad news for you though..." My eyes lock with his and they tell me everything I need to know.... my kids are gone. Sofie and I's kids.....

My knees buckle and I start to fall as tears form in my eyes, the doctor and  Will's hands shoot out to grab me. The doctor kneels down to me. "Only one, Harry. The other two are okay..." I look at him in shock. I still have two kids? Does that mean, they were born or.....

"They are still in Sofie's stomach, but we had to take the other... the two were ontop of her, she just couldnt handle it." So it was a she... one of my little girls is gone...

"How could that have happened? They were fine yesterday!" I shout, anger taking over my emotions. I know I shouldnt be mad at this doctor or anyone for that matter, but its just so hard. I want someone to blame for my little girl dieing before she even had a chance to live!

Everyone around looks at me in shock. "Does Sofie sleep on her side?" he asked. I nod and he sighs. "When she sleeps on her side, the babies move with her. When she turned to her side last night, when they all moved, the others pushed the one behind them." He runs a hand through his hair. Tears just fall down my face. "I'm so sorry for your loose." Then he walks away.

Sofie... I need to see her. If she knows, she is probably falling all to pieces. She was so excited to have three babies... so happy. "I-I need to.... Where is Sofie?" I asked a passing nurse. She points me to a room with a look or sorrow. They all new, they all felt bad for me. But I dont want there pity, I want Sofie.

Catiously, I enter the big white room the nurse pointed me too. My eyes instantly land on Sofie, curled on in a ball, holding her stomach and crying silently. I walk up behind her and climb in the bed, wrapping my arms around her from behind, letting my hands rest over hers on her stomach. She doesnt turn to look at me or show any sign that she feels me here with her... she just cries harder, for our lost daughter...

"D-Diana.... is g-g-gone..." She cries. I look at her in shock. How does she know the daughter we lost was going to be our Diana Grace? It could have been Isabella... Yes we choose the other girl name.

I kiss her tears away and rub my hand over hers. "How do you know it wasnt Isabella?" I whisper into her ear. She sniffles and turns over, laying her head on my chest.

"I-I seen h-her." She sobbed into my chest. I gasped and pulled her tighter to me. She had seen our daughter... the one I will never see, ever. Because she's gone... all gone... "Its all my fault! I killed our daughter!" She yelled and cried ever harder.

*** SOFIE'S POV ***

"Its all my fault! I killed our daughter!" I yelled into Harry's chest as I cried my eyes out. It was the horrible truth, it is all my fault that we will only have on daughter... Diana Grace is gone forever. And its all my fault. Harry probably hates me, and never wants to see me again. The two kids I have left probably will blame me for the lose of their sister. I'm a horrible mom, I killed my daughter.

Harry grabs my chin in his hands and forces me to look at him. Only then did I notice the tears streaming down his face as well... "This is not your fault Sofie. You couldnt prevent this if you tried." He said sternly, but this only made me cry harder. The thing is, I could have prevented this.

"But I couldve, Harry! If I didnt sleep on my side.... she'd still be here right now! I killed my baby girl..." I yell at him. I should be arrested for murder... the poor little baby girl will never have a life... she wont grow up to be a gorgeous young girl, who goes off to college, makes countless mistakes, but enjoys her life, living and breathing. I took that from her...

Someone opens the door to the room I am in and comes over to Harry and I. "Harry, your dad is outside. I'll stay here with Sofie..." I hear my mom whisper in a hoarse voice. I can tell by the sound, she has been crying as well. So, they broke the news to everyone. Now they all know I am a murderer. Harry leans down and kisses my forehead, whispering that he will be back in a few minutes. Then he leaves me alone with my mom.

She doesnt speak or anything, she just crawls onto the bed with me and hugs me as I cry for my lost daughter.

I'll never see her grow up.

Get married.

Have kids.

Be happy, sad or mad.

or breathe.

------------------------------------------------------------

well....... emotional chapter, no?

3 VOTES, 5 COMMENTS, 16 FANS TOTAL.