When Harry met Sofie - Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Small and big, chubby and thin, old and young are the members of parliment. Some white haired, some dark, some blond. Men of all types, ready to ruin my life in a matter of minutes. My breathing is shalllow as we are escorted to the front of the room, to stand infront of the men of parliment.

"All rise." A deep voice bellows. Everyone stands at the same time, as the memebers take their seats. An old, chubby, grey haired man sits front and center. I'm guessing he is the main man of parliment. The man holds his hands up then slowly lowers them down, indicating for us to sit. We do.

Once we are all seated, he bangs his gavel and speaks. "Today we are here to argue the point of making Sofie Bastelli a legal citizen of England." Speaks the man. Harry reachs over and squeezes my knee as the man speaks. "First we will review the case." Then he goes on to say how I got here, why I want to stay and what I have done to prove I should stay here. "Sofie, please rise and tell us the reasons you feel you deserve citizenship here instead of going back to America."

I glance at Harry and he smiles supportingly before I stand. "I feel I should be able to stay in England because not I have only proven that I love this country and all of the people in it, but that the people love me as well. When I came I didnt expect to stay, but I fell in love and I want to be with the one I love. You may have also heard the news recently that I'm pregnant, and it's true. Harry and I are expecting a child within eight months. If I'm not here, Harry will have to raise the baby on his own because my child is the next in line after Will for the Throne. Do you really feel it is right to take a child from its mother and purposely split a happy couple? I love Harry, I love this country. I would do anything to stay." I glance down at Harry. "Thank you." I say, setting a dead stare on the man dead center. He motions his head for me to sit down, so I do.

"There will now be a ten minute break to discuss our choice." He stated. The guard in the corner of the room told us all the rise as the memebers of parliment left the room. Once they are gone, Harry, my lawyer and I sighed a huge breath of relief.

My lawyer stands and puts a hand on my shoulder. "Your doing good, I think we just might have won this." He smiled at me, then walked out of the room, wiping his fore head as he goes. I turn to Harry who is smiling proudly at me.

"I love you so much, Sofie." He breathes. I smile and lean towards him, as he puts his hands on either side of my face. "Your not going anywhere, I can feel it. Were going to be a happy family. Me you and the baby." He pulls me towards him and kisses me.

As I pull away, I sigh. "This is all so... surreal." I said, closing my eyes and rubbing my temples. Harry chuckles and puts an arm around me.

"What is?" He asked, kissing my cheek. I open my eyes and look at him, with a small smile on my face.

"Falling in love with you, moving here, being pregnant, being famous. All of it. Never did I imagine this happening in my life." I tell him. "When I pictured my life, I always pictured settling for Andrew, having kids and living a shitty life until I worked up the courage to divorces his awful ass." I laugh at that, as does Harry. "But now, I picture a nice home, a couple of cute little kids laughing and playing in the backyard, while we watch them lovingly. Never a bad sign in our future." My smile brightens as I see the love filled in Harry's eyes, mirroring my own.

Harry leans forward to kiss me quickly. "Well, I'm glad I can make yor future better and brighter. You've made me see what the real value of life is. I've grown up a lot since meeting you, Sofie. And for that I'm thankful. I can tell we are going to have an amazing future." We both just sit and stare at each other for a few moments, looking at the amount of love in the others eyes. Never in my wildest dreams imagine Prince Harry of Wales falling in love with me and having a baby with me. Sure I wished it could happen, but never did I expect it too.

My lawyer and the many of other people that left the room for the break, file back in and take a seat. "Time for the verdict. Be prepared." My lawyer leans over to warn. I gulp and look at Harry. "You'll be okay." He mouths, before kissing my cheek.

"All rise." We do. When the from and center man motions for us to sit, we do that too. This time, the front and center man looks a bit more relaxed.

"Sofie Bastelli, please stand for your verdict." Said the guard in the corner of the room. I stand and bite my bottom lip.

Please say I can stay, please! I want nothing more! I beg them with my eyes. The center man, looks me straight in the eye. "Sofie Bastelli, Congradulations. You are now a legal life citizen of England. Case dismissed." Everyone rises around me as the members exit the room. I stand there stunned, with my mouth hanging open.

"Sofie! You did it! Your staying!" Harry said, pulling me into a tight, bone crushing hug. Before I can stop myself, I start to cry happy tears. I had been so scared I would be sent home to America. But now I'm staying in England, with Harry. Where we can raise our baby together.

--------------------------------------------------------

This is wicked ass short, maybe I should have put it into the last chapter, but oh well. I promise to update when I find the time, maybe tomorrow.

V & C :)

xxoo.