When Harry met Sofie - Chapter 7

Chapter 7

"I cant do it."

"Yes you can."

"Nope, not happening." I say, smugly.

"Sofie..."

"Harry." I stare at him, with a blank look. Harry smiles.

"Alright. Fine." He said, walking past me. Wait, what? I did not expect him to just leave me here! Suddenly, a strong pair of arms grab me around my waist and I'm being slung over someones shoulders. Instantly, I recognize Harry's laugh and outfit he is wearing today. I scream and start smacking his ass.

"Harry! Put me down right now! I am not meeting your dad this way! Put me down!" I shout as i continue to smack him. He laughs and continues to walk. I groan and smack his ass really hard one last time and he jumps.

"OW! That hurt, Sofie!" He yells. I laugh and smile, proudly.

"Good." Just as I sneak a peak through his legs, I see two pairs of feet. One with heels one with loafers. Fuck... Please tell me this isnt his dad and step mother. Slowly, Harry pulls me from over his shoulder and sets me on my feet. I look sheepishly up at the people standing infront of us. Both of their faces looked shocked and curious. 'Gee, great first impression, Sofie.' I say to myself. Harry elbows me in the ribs and clears his throat, telling me to stop starring and standing around, awkwardly and to say something.

I blush and give a small shy smile. "Hello, Sir, Ma'am. Nice to meet you both. I'm uh, Sofie." I said, holding out my hand. Shit, was i suppose to call them Prince Charles of Wales and Princess Camilla Of Wales? Is she even the pricess? I need to learn about this stuff, maybe Harry will teach me.

Camilla is the first to speak. She grabs my hand and shakes it. "And same for you, Sofie. Please, call me Camilla." She smiles, politely at me. Charles then takes my hand from her and holds it firmly in his. "Call me Charles. Its very kind of you to come. Even if you were a bit reluctant." He says. My mouth drops open. Oh my gosh. He doesnt like me already! I knew this was a horrible idea! Why did i let Harry talk me into this?

I turn to give Harry a 'Help me!' look and he nods, stepping forward. "Dad, she is just nervous about meeting you for the first time. " Harry defends me, putting an arm around my waist. Charles' face breaks out into a broad smile.

"Oh son, I'm just giving her a hard time. Dont take things so bloody serious." He said, slapping Harry on the back. Giving me a hard time? Well he achieved his goal! I stil think he hates me though. Honestly, who am I? No one! Some small town, middle class, American. He wants his son to have someone who will do good as a Royal, I'll be helpless. Camilla clears her throat.

"Well, why dont we go get settled at the table to eat." She smiled and lead us into the dining area. Charles sits at the head of the table, Camilla on his left, Harry on his right and me beside Harry. We eat with small chat, which is super awkward. Often, I would feel Harry squeeze my knee under the table for support. His dad had a dry sense of humor, very different from Harry, to which I was quickly becoming used too. Camilla seemed nice enough, a little stiff maybe. Dessert came out and I had no idea what it was and I wasnt big on trying new things, but I cant risk offending anyone so I eat it anyway. Its lemony taste fills my mouth and I think I've died and gone to heaven.

"Sofie, tell us more about yourself." Charles insists. I gulp.

"Well, um. I was born and raised in Massachusetts. I have an older brother and I just recieved my Bachelor's degree from Harvard." I mumble, fiddling with the hem of my dress. Harry's hand finds mine and squeezes it, not letting go. I'll have to thank him later. His touch makes me feel more confident.