When Harry met Sofie - Chapter 12

Chapter 12

The first thing I did when I got back to my apartment, without Harry, was call my mom.

"Honey, whats wrong?" Is the first words that come from my mothers mouth when she picks up. I sigh and hug a pillow to my chest.

My mom can always tell when something is wrong with me. "Parliment here is making me have a case for my citizenship. If I dont win, I cant stay here. I'll be kicked out. There has been a lot going on. The british press are all over me..." I tell her. When I'm done, I feel better being able to talk to my mom about all of this.

"Oh dear. Honey, are you sure you want to go through with all of this?" My mother asked, sounding worried.

"Yes, mom. I love Harry. I just needed someone I know and love to talk to about all of this. I'm just so scared I wont be able to be with Harry. He told me he'd make it work, even if I was kicked out. But I wont make him leave his home." I grumble. Calling my mom was a bad idea. Maybe I should have called Stevie or Jason instead.

My mother sighs into the phone. "Sofie, you left your home for him. Now its his turn to give something up for you. Thats how relationships work."

"How they work? How would you know mom? Dad has been dead for 11 years now, mom. Relationships dont work like that. If you love someone you do what is right. Whats right here, is being with Harry in his home country. I have nothing in America besides you and Jason. I was so unhappy but here, I am happy. Cant you just let me be happy, mom?" I yell at her, growing very annoyed with my mother. Under all my stress, I'm allowed to snap once in a while.

"Sofie Rae! How can you say that to me? You know I loved your father. I just dont understand this relationship you have with this boy, it makes no sense!" She yells back at me.

"You know what? I dont care. I love him and he loves me. Like you would even know what he is like, mother! I dont want to talk to you anymore." Then I hang up. I throw my phone acrossed the room and scream. Why does she do this to me? I love my mom so much, but sometimes she can be just to much. When I say I love Harry, I honestly mean it.

***

A few days later, I wake up in the morning to the sound of my phones text message tone, ringing. I groan and roll off of the couch onto the soft carpet floor. Ah, why haven't I slept here before? I close my eyes and let myself drift back into sleep.

The next time I am woken up by someone pounding on my door. The pounding just keeps getting louder and harder. Who the hell knocks like that?

"WHAT!?! Damnit, I am coming!" I scream at whoever just woke me up. I push myself up off of the floor and groggily make my way to the door. Thank god the person has stopped pounding by now. I sling open the door and glare at whoever woke me up in the most unpleasant way possible. My mouth falls open and my eyes tear up. I cover my mouth with my hand as tears fall down my face.

"Well... I didnt expect you to cry when I came, Sofie." Jason smiles at me. I throw myself into his arms and cry. I havent seen my brother in three weeks! I've been going crazy not talking to him. "Thats a better reaction!" Jason laughs. I hug him tighter, not wanting to let go. Through my teenager years, Jason was the best brother ever. He helped me through a lot. Held my hair when i was drunk, listened to me cry over boys and let me yell at him when I was angry.

"Sofie?" I hear from behind Jason. I stand on my tip-toes to look over my brother's shoulder and see Harry. He has his arms crossed and he is looking at me and Jason, confused.

Jason turns around and smiles at Harry, who is looking Jason whoever. I step away from Jason and hug Harry. "What are you doing here?" I ask him when I pull away.