548 Heartbeats

"There's no such thing as number of heartbeats. As long as your heart knows what forever means, It's possible that even in death, it may still be beating..." -- Peach Xeira Anderson

Author: Jessamine Verzosa (peachxvision)

Genre: Romance

Status: Published under Pop Fiction; still available on Wattpad (check external link)

Rating: 4/5

Blurb (Goodreads):

How many heartbeats does it take until two hearts start beating as one?
Xeira Anderson's heart has been beating secretly for Kyle Solomon since second-year high school, but he doesn't know she exists until he strikes an unlikely conversation with her. She feels like all her dreams are coming true when they actually end up becoming friends.
Things are looking up, but Xeira soon finds out how friendship can get complicated when tangled up with love. First, she has to deal with Chris, a guy friend who's in love with her, then she has to cope with her feelings for Kyle - who's in love with someone else!
Will Xei ever get her heart's desire? Or will her heart learn to beat for Chris instead?

My Point of View (POV):

This is about a typical story of a quiet girl named Xei, based on the story; she is defined as a shy type girl who doesn't care about what's happening around her, in short, NERD. Pinahaba ko pa diba? Xei has a crush to a very handsome guy named Kyle who doesn't notice her until one day, everything turned upside down. Kyle met Xei and everything follows.

This is the first-ever story that is a one-sided character only. It merely focuses on the point of view of Xie which is kinda rare in Wattpad stories. The flow of emotions can be described as a roller coaster, up and down to be exact. It is not about the story that fascinates me but it is the way how the author delivers every emotion and scenes effortlessly. Ito yung story na wala kang mababasang jejemon. Haha! Seryoso! The kilig scenes na sadyang pinakilig talaga ako and it kills me to death pramis! Siguro manhid ka na lang kung hindi mo naramdaman yun. It is a slow-paced story but every chapter is worth reading. What is more intriguing in the story is the meaning of 548. Kahit ako natawa na lang nung nalaman yung meaning and because of that, I can consider this as a math love story.