Project Loki

"Moriarty is not a person.." -- Loki Mendez

This story has 3 volumes so please expect a long post, ahead. So, enjoy!

AUTHOR: AkosiIbarra

STATUS: Completed | Published by PSICOM

GENRE: Adventure | Mystery | Detective

The Characters:

* Loki Mendez (Louis Kingsley Mendez), who studies in Clark High and is the leader of the QED Club. Someone who is anti-social, observant, cold person and mysterious.
* Lorelei Rios, a transferee in Clark High to look for refuge and solace. She became part of the QED Club thru Loki's blackmails since they are roommates. She is someone who hates men and is observant.
* Alistair Ravena, Lorelei's childhood friend who eventually transferred to Clark High to protect Lorelei. He eventually became part of the QED Club because of his justifiable attitude.
Jaime Santiago, a former theater member and became a member of the QED Club because of her retentive memory. She played a big role in this story and you will never expect her to be that person.
Luthor Mendez (Lucian Thoren Mendez), Loki's brother, is the vice president of the Student Council. The one who works in shadows instead of the spotlight.

PROJECT LOKI: VOLUME 01

RATE: 4/5

Welcome to the world of Mysteries, Murders, and Mayhems!

It is a story of young students who have the guts to solve mysteries and crimes like Detective Conan and Sherlock Holmes. Their main quest is to find who M / Moriarty / Mori / Moriya is. The incidents that they are encountering are connected to the main quest of the story which adds spice to it.

Has an interesting plot and settings or scenes solely happen inside the school. My heart goes to Lorelei knowing that Loki can't move on to what happened to his friend, Rhea.
Towards the end, another person has become a member of the club and that's Jamie Santiago, the girl who has retentive memory. And yes, Moriarty's identity has been revealed but is he the real one?

This story seems Sherlock Holmes inspired because of the names used especially with the main antagonist. It is written in Taglish but you will see how formal the story is thru its deep English terminologies. Because of its choice of words, it looks like I'm reading a book because of well-chosen words and idioms. It contains different cases that they need to solve but those cases are still connected with the main case. It was fun as a reader to solve cases with the characters. I think that is one of the reasons why I enjoy reading it.

There were a lot of names involved but you will never get a hard time getting familiar with them. The pictures of each character helped me visualize their looks based on the character's view and description. There are parts where I got bored maybe because of too much conversation and not spilling the tea.

PROJECT LOKI: VOLUME 02

RATE: 4/5

And now, the story continues.

There were a lot of questions that appeared in this part of the story such as why Lorelie's attitude to her dad is a bit off and her reason why she choose to transfer from Manila to Pampanga. And there is Alistair Ravena, Lorelei's childhood friend who eventually became the newest member of the club. Alistair stands as the conscience of the group. As the story goes, you will see that Q.E.D Club is the hero and Moriarty is the villain. To defeat Moriarty, an alliance was formed and now that Moriarty showed his face already, the Q.E.D club aims to stop all the killings that Moriarty's organization is into. Towards the end, the author gave me something and caught my attention in the story. It was the scene where Lorelei had a glimpse of who the real Moriarty is.

The thing I realized is the title of each chapter. Astig! The author maintained the quest for each chapter and I admire how wide the Author's imagination is. He had too many ideas for mind-blowing quests and puzzles to solve. He has too many ideas to share and mind-blown his readers. But since there is too much on the main leads' plate, it somehow misleads the plot of the story. There are boring scenes that don't give me that too much impact compared to the stories I've read before. Forgive me. I am a fan of detective stories but this doesn't suit me well. I am asking for more scenes, I was looking for actions and confrontation. Not some unimportant conversation. That's where I suddenly feel bored. But things became interesting in the middle. And watch out for the people that the QED club met they might have a big role in the future.

PROJECT LOKI: VOLUME 03

RATE: 4/5

We are now on the last volume of the QED Club vs. Moriarty.

Lorelei already knew who the real Moriarty is but again, is he the real one. Many things happened unexpectedly and I was amazed how things turned out beyond my expectation. Like, what just happened dude? From one chapter to another, it's like they are slowly stabbing me deeper and deeper. And to be honest, things become more interesting when they focus on Moriarty's case. The story finally got me only in this part. Where things that happened became useful. I mean, I finally saw the connections from one scene to another. And I like how the author finally focused on solving the main quest of the story. There were a lot of revelations towards the end and some scenes broke my heart. It was Jaime Santiago's character that blew up the story the most. I never see it coming though I have the guts that there is something more with her character. I just felt sad about how this story ended but I was satisfied after reading some chapters of the aftermath of the confrontation.

In totality, the story was great and I admire the author's creativity and knowledge on how things will make sense. It's like I am building a puzzle that I don't have any idea what it will look like.

Some readers might disagree with my judgment in this story. I am sorry to say, I know thousands were already read this story but this doesn't suit my taste as a reader. Do not get me wrong but I am also a fan of Sherlock Holmes and Agatha Christie but this story is not for me. I just hate the idea of how the author makes the story long, to the point that it reached Volume 03 because of just knowing who/what Moriarty is.

Do not expect romance in this story because this is a story about family, trust, and friendship.

If you reach this point, I just want to say thank you for staying with me. This will be my last Wattpad story review for the year 2021 and I am looking forward to more stories to read in 2022.

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year! See you next year! 💜

- helena ♥