A Hundred and One Reasons (101 Reasons)

"When a star falls down from the sky, it means that an angel will fetch a soul here on Earth, and that soul will then become an angel and as a sign that she once existed on Earth a bright new star will emerge from the skies." - Mr. Sam Santos

Author: Bianca Salindong (StarsAndMudpies)

Genre: Romance | Life

Status: Published under PSICOM

Rating: 2/5

Blurb (from Goodreads):

There are still many things Ann needed to know, to explore and live the life she'd always imagined. But everything turned upside down when she learned that she is sick. Not cough and colds sick. No, something much complicated than that.

Ann decides that she'd rather fight when she knows she had no chances of winning. And then came a promise of a hundred and one reasons, from someone she never thought cared for her, and gave her the strength she needed to live. This is a story that goes beyond the boundaries of faith, family, hope, and love... it may bring you to tears or give you the reasons to live than just to exist.

My Point of View (POV):

This is a story about a girl named Ann who is fighting for her life. Yes! After I've read 10 signatures to bargain with God, I decided to read this one. This time, no more signature but much deeper in realizing life. Life, death, and love when they are combined, wow! Ang sakit lang sa puso but behind all those pains, you will feel the importance of each people around you. It taught about the value of family, friends, and life.

It is a fast-paced story that made no time for the readers to let the moments sink in. It seems that the publisher is in a hurry to publish the book because I found some typographical error but it's the thought that counts. Also, some of the words are not properly used according to its meaning that's why I had a hard time picturing out what the author wants to say. Maybe that is the main reason why I can't connect myself to the story. I just do hope na ginawa niya na lang na tagalog instead of English.

For the ending, it's not a blast though I felt a little pain inside me. I just found myself saying "Yun na yun?" It ended effortlessly, short and simple.