A Study in Pink Part 4

Start from the beginning

Wrong!

I cracked a smile. I knew exactly who was sending these texts. Sherlock.

"Is there any chance that these are murders? And if they are, is this the work of a serial killer?" A female reporter asked.

"I... I know you'd like writing about these, but these do appear to be suicides," Lestrade said, "We know the difference. The poison was clearly self administered."

"Yes, but if they are murders, how do people keep themselves safe?" She asked again.

"Well, don't commit suicide," Lestrade said. Donovan whispered something to him and he continued speaking, "Obviously this is a frightening time for people, but all anyone has to do is exercise reasonable precautions. We are all as safe as we want to be."

Everyone's phones buzzed again.

Wrong!

I quickly send a text to Sherlock.

You think you're so clever don't you?

-AG

"Thank you." Lestrade said, ending the session. Donovan followed him and the three of us got our coats to leave.

"You've got to stop him doing that. He's making us look like idiots." Donovan whined. I guess she knew Sherlock too.

"If you can tell me how he does it, I'll stop him." Lestrade said annoyed.

We had just got word that there had been another suicide/murder. Lestrade knew it was time to get Sherlock's help, considering this one left a note. The two of us drove to Sherlock's flat, leaving Donovan and Anderson at the crime scene.

"Where?" Sherlock said the moment Greg and I walked in the room.

"Brixton, Lauriston Gardens." Lestrade said.

"What's new about this one? You wouldn't have come to get me if it wasn't something different." Sherlock said, he was good.

"This one left a note. Will you come?" I asked him.

"Who's on Forensics?" Sherlock asked.

"It's Anderson." Lestrade said.

"Anderson won't work with me." Sherlock whined.

"Well, he won't be your assistant." Greg said.

"I need an assistant." Sherlock whined again.

"John was an army doctor, he can be your assistant. Will you come?" I asked again.

"How did you...? Did he tell you that?" John asked, confused.

"What? No. Will you come Sherlock?" I asked again.

"Not in a police car, I'll be right behind." Sherlock agreed. He walked closer to me and whispered in your ear. "And to answer your question: Yes, I do." He said referring to my previous text. I laughed.

"Thought so. Thank you." I said, leaving with Lestrade.

Sherlock literally jumped with joy. "Brilliant! Yes!" He yelled. "Ah! Four serial suicides, and now a note. Oh, it's Christmas. Mrs. Hudson I'll be late. Might need some food."

"I'm your landlady, dear, not your housekeeper." The sweet old lady said.

"Some thing cold will do. John, have a cup of tea, make yourself at home. Don't wait up!" He yelled opening the door.

"Look at him, dashing about... My husband was just the same. But you're more the sitting down type, I can tell. I'll make you that cuppa, you rest your leg." Mrs. Hudson said.

"Damn my leg. Sorry. I'm so sorry. It's just sometimes this bloody thing." John said tapping his leg with his cane.

"I understand dear, I've got a hip." She said sweetly.

"Cup of tea would be lovely. Thank you." John said again.

"Just this once, dear, I'm not your housekeeper." She said.

"And a couple of biscuits too, if you've got 'em."

"Not your housekeeper!" She yelled back.

Sherlock came back. "She's right. You're a doctor. Any good?"

"Very good." John said standing.

"Seen a lot of injuries, then. Violent deaths." Sherlock said.

"Enough for a lifetime." He replied.

"Want to see some more?" Sherlock asked.

"Oh, God, yes." John said, following Sherlock down the stairs.

"Sorry Mrs. Hudson, I'll skip the tea. Off out."

"Both of you?" She asked.

"Impossible suicides? Four of them? There's no point sitting at home when there's finally something fun going on!" Sherlock kissed Mrs. Hudson's cheek.

"Look at you, all happy. It's not decent. This isn't about that new American detective is it? She's very pretty Sherlock." Mrs. Hudson said.

"Good bye Mrs. Hudson." Sherlock said, ignoring her comment about you. "The game is on!"

Sherlock and John got in a taxi to follow me to the crime scene. On the trip over, Sherlock proved how he knew so much about John and his brother.