Epilogue

Epilogue

Two years later...

"And you still feel slightly guilty?" asked Mrs. Lion, my therapist.

"It was all my fault." I whispered.

"Don't worry Ms. Anderson, it wasn't. He took it upon himself to save you. I have been giving you therapy for about a year now, I know everything. From the look of it, it wasn't your fault. But the school building incident was totally his fault. Don't worry." she said with a smile on her face.

    I nodded and sighed.

"Thank you Mrs. Lion." I said as she rubbed my hand.

"Alright now, you go on home, you have school tomorrow, and I know you didn't do your math homework!" she said giving me the 'you-better-do-it' face.

  I smiled and nodded once more leaving her house.

The next day...

"Hey Alexis." said Ethan as he sat down at my table.

   I looked at him and gave him a half smile, sipping down on my ginger ale.

"Hi..." I mumbled.

"Alexis... it's been two years." said Ethan sadly.

"I-I know. It's hard to get over though." I whispered as tears welled in my eyes.

   Ethan embraced me in the warmest hug and kissed my forehead.

"It's over baby, just let him go. I know he wouldn't want you to be alone forever..." he whispered in my ear.

    I quickly began sobbing in his arms as he embraced me tighter and ran his fingers through my hair, which surprisingly calmed me down. Other than his family, I was basically the only one still mourning over his death.

"Tell me everything." whispered Ethan. "How you escaped... how you bared through everything."

   I completely froze and looked up to him in bewilderment.

"H-HOW DARE YOU!" I yelled.

     He shushed me and looked around.

"Please..." he whispered.

    I looked at him and sighed.

"Please?" he said sadly.

   I paused and nodded.

"It all started when..."