Chapter 9: And I survived?

~*Recap*~

"How did she even survive a drop from the roof? That's like four floors!" said a random woman.

"You wanted her to die? I suggest you shut the fuck up." said the appealing voice.

  I had to see who it was, so I tried to open my eyes. No matter how much pain was coursing through my body, I had to try. My eyelids felt like bricks when I tried to open them. Then, I struggled once more to open them, and they shot up.

  The three guys that were around me were Jared, Ethan, and... Jeremy.

"You... did... this..." I strained out to Jeremy.

"I'm sorry." he said as tears escaped his eyes.

"What did you do to her Mr. Hunter?" screamed Ethan.

  In the distance I heard sirens. Then, everything sounded distant. I saw Ethan mouth some words, and so did Jeremy, when suddenly Ethan punched Jeremy in the face. I tried to scream out, but nothing came. Then I knew why, I couldn't breathe. My eyes were forced close, and the concrete below me became numb. I knew why this all was happening... because I died. 

                                            .:Chapter 9: And I survived?:.

"Please... please wake up one day..." whispered a voice.

  There was a faint beeping noise, and the sound of someone sobbing. The room stunk of alcohol and disinfectant spray. I slowly opened my eyes to see five people sitting in chairs at my side. The only ones I recognized were Mom, Dad, Jared, and.... Jeremy. 

 I don't know what happened, but seeing Jeremy here made me want to cry. He broke my heart... But what scared me the most was how everyone looked. Everyone looked tired and depressed, but for what reason?

"A-Alexis?" I looked over to the person that spoke. 

  I never recognized him, maybe he was a friend of Jared. I tried to sit up, but my back was hurting and the pain was immense. I yelped and quickly laid back on the bed.

"Alexis... don't move." he whispered.

"Who... are... you..." I mumbled.

 The person opened their mouth to speak, but then they quickly shut it. He smiled and tears formed in his eyes.

"I'm Ethan..." he said wiping his tears.

"Ethan... what happened... to m-me?"

  He sighed heavily and shook his head.

"You should make that one there tell you." he said pointing to Jeremy who was fast asleep.

"No... I can't." i whispered.

"Why not?"

"...He b-broke my h-heart..." I said as tears poured down my face.

"Wait... what did you say!?" he said sounding a bit to loud and angry.

"Jeremy... We w-went out last y-year.... He... dumped... me for... a slut." I forced out.

  Ethan wiped my tears and tightened his fists. 

"He's. Our. Art. Teacher." he said through gritted teeth.

  Now he was immensely trembling.

"E-Ethan... a-are you okay?" I said.

"I... am going to fuck him up." replied Ethan.

 I smiled. I liked this person a lot, but why would he beat up Ethan for me? Did he know me well?