Chapter 20: I'm a fighter

~*Recap*~

 Then, the most disgusting thing happened. I heard a sound that was first silent to extremely loud. Ethan looked at me and smiled. Then... the most disgusting smell hit me like a truck. It smelled like spoiled boiled cabbages with broccoli. I held my gut and ran out of the Chinese restaurant. Through the window I saw Ethan laughing his ass off. I rolled my eyes in anger and marched to the car.

"I hope he shit himself." I mumbled angrily.

"If he did he's walking home." replied Jared with a glint in his eye.

"And you want me to go out with that thing." I said barely audible.

                                                          .:Chapter 20 - I'm a fighter:.

   It's been three weeks since the aftermath of Ethan's pigging out. I was sitting in math class when my phone suddenly went off. Mr. McClean's head shot to my direction and I instantly dug the vibrate button.

"Who's phone?" said Mr. McClean.

   Next to me was the snitch Haven who looked at me with a sarcastic face and raised her hand.

"Yes snitch?" said Mr. McClean.

   The class chuckled and she kissed her teeth.

"It was her, sir." she said pointing towards me.

"Hey, that wasn't my phone. Text messages don't sound like that." I scoffed.

"Alright then. Who here has Alexis's number?" asked Mr. McClean smirking.

    Almost a third of the class raised their hand and I smiled at him. He grabbed one of their phones and texted me. Instead of the annoying ringing noise, everyone heard, 'You've got a text message. This crappy phone of yours can actually handle a text message. Text message, you've got a text message on your p.o.s. phone. Text message, this crappy phone of yours can actually handle a text message.' I smiled at Mr. McClean as he threw the person's phone back at them and began to teach the lesson on biometry. 

   Class went by quickly. My new motto was, "No drama, no trauma." The day went by pretty fast. Jeremy kept on ignoring me and treated me as a normal student, but what he didn't notice was thateverytime he said something mean to me during class and I would turn my head, through the corner of my eye I would always see him lowly sigh. 

   However, today was much more different. Today Ethan was absent since he had to get his teeth cleaned, and Jared was absent because he was sick. I basically was the only person of my crew here today. Of course I had minor friends like Veronica, Michelle, Jason, and Aaliyah, but I only hung with them when Ethan and Jared weren't here. Instead of spending my day with the other three, I decided to crash in the library.

   It would be a rare chance to skip, but I could always say I was at the nurse. I snuck into the library and sat between the last two bookshelves. I popped in my headphones and pressed shuffle. The song Comatose by Skillet rocked my ears as I slowly fell asleep.

   I woke up to the library lights dimmed. I looked around and got up. The song Crawl by Breaking Benjamin ended and We will fall together by Streetlight Manifesto played in my ears. I yawned and grabbed my book bag. I took out my iPhone and checked the time. I gasped as it was 7:30 on the dot. The librarian didn't check to see if anyone was in her library? I ran out of the library and slammed the door behind me. It echoed down the quiet hallways as I headed to the exit. The lights were dimmed and it was kind of hard to see. 

    I pushed the door but it wouldn't budge. I groaned and turned around. What was going on? I turned the corner when I saw three shadows. My heart stopped as they turned to me. I slowly backed away and turned the corner I came from. I made a run for it to the library door when it was locked. I looked back and saw the three figures running towards me.