23. I Only Want You

Hi! it's Zoe. I know I said I wouldn't do the little A.N. in the chapters, but I had to. I'm warning all the faint hearted people out there that this chapter will have major gay elements, so for those of you who are homophobic, don't say I didn't warn you. ( -___-)

Jack and Pitch were on their way over to Nick's house to to see if he would help them get Elsa out of Kingdom Hearts for good. And of course, they each had their doubts about this plan. The last time Jack saw Nick, he had professed that he was in love with him for a long time and Jack hadn't taken the news well, to say the least. He wasn't sure if Nick even wanted to see him again, considering all the hurtful things he said about his sexuality. He was starting to think that maybe he overreacted on the whole ordeal and that it wasn't worth overreacting in the first place. He never wanted to hurt his now ex best friend, but he thought that acting like a jerk would cause him to snap out of having feelings for him, which obviously backfired. So even if there was nothing in the world to make Nick go with him or to even forgive him for acting the way he did, Jack still thought it was worth the trip to say he was sorry. But whether he thought it was going to be easy to do so was something he did not want to worry about.

Jack was too busy worrying about how he was going to get his best friend back, that he wouldn't have stomped on the brakes to stop in front of Nick's house if Pitch hadn't yelled at him.

"Now what's the point of us driving all the way here if you were just going to kill us right where we need to be?", Pitch asked in a sarcastic tone, as usual. Jack didn't have the mental capacity to answer back, so he just gave Pitch a look to tell him to shut up and they each got out Jack's car and started walking towards the door. Jack was about to knock when he thought of something.

"You should go back to the car. I don't want Nick's parents getting the wrong idea about me, if Nick hasn't told them about what happened already," he said to Pitch. He didn't really want to, but Pitch got a feeling that whatever happened between Jack and this Nick guy, it probably wasn't pretty, so he listened and made his way back to the car, leaving Jack all alone at the unwelcoming door.

After finding his inner courage, Jack finally knocked hard on the door and waited for a response. What felt like days only took no more than mere minutes for someone to come to the door and Jack prayed that it wouldn't be Nick that would answer. And his wish came true.

"Well, well, well. Look what the cat dragged in," a cold, feminine voice said. It was Nick's mother, Victoria.

"H-Hi Mrs. Haddock. It's nice to see you again. You look...good," Jack answered timidly.

"Save your sweet talk, Overland. What are you doing here? Come to traumatize my son even more?"

"No, of course not. Trust me when I say that was never my intention. I've only come to make things right with him."

"Oh really? And why should I trust you?"

Jack wasn't sure if he could find a good, logical reason, so he just let his emotions come out like word vomit.

"Because I have never cared for someone more in my entire life than I do for Nick. Because he's the only friend I've ever had and the only friend I ever want to have. And I don't care if he hates me forever, and I don't care if he finds someone else to care about. I only care if I never get to see him again. And if that's not a good enough reason, I don't know what is! So may I please come in?!", he asked on the verge of tears and Mrs. Haddock had no reason to doubt anything he was saying, so she smiled and let him in. He quickly raced through the house all the way to Nick's bedroom, where to his luck, he found him, but not in the way that he wanted to. To say the least, Nick was not himself; he was laying on his bed in the oddest position with a look on his face that made him look like he was half dead. The only word that could be used to describe him was pitiful. As Jack made his way over by Nick's side, his eyes started to flutter open, which made Jack freeze.